Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

Town & Country Dealerships is a large multi-store auto group consisting of both imports and domestic brands in the Portland Metro market.

Due to growth, and the pending addition of two new import stores, we are seeking a solid, experienced Internet Director to oversee Internet Sales Operations and Digital/On-Line Marketing for all stores.

Our Internet Operations Manager is a member of our Corporate Management staff. Become part of a progressive & winning team that offers career growth opportunity, excellent earning potential and supportive leadership that appreciates employees and understands that e-business and digital marketing is critical to our success. We provide innovative technologies and processes that allow for success.

We are seeking the right person that will make a difference and take our Internet Operations to the next level.

Essential Functions:
Responsible for overall operation and productivity of our Internet Departments.
Manage all department goals and metrics based on key performance indicators.
Hire, train and manage Internet Department personnel.
Oversee all departmental processes, software and vendors; including websites and lead providers.
Responsible for all Digital Marketing efforts, SEO/SEM/VSEO.
Oversee and manage all CRM, Email Marketing, and Social Media.

Required Experience:
Proven experience in managing a successful Internet Operation, preferably for a multi-store group

Experience managing vendor relations
Solid knowledge of Digital/On-line Marketing, social media, and website design.
Previous experience with various Dealership management software.

Required Skills:
Self-Starter with exceptional problem-solving skills.
Ability to communicate effectively.
Ability to manage, train and motivate teams.
Ability to function effectively in a fast-paced environment.
Self-Starter with exceptional problem-solving skills.
Strong organizational skills
Solid multi-tasking ability.

We offer:

Generous compensation plan with base plus bonuses.
Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance, 401k
Paid Vacation
Professional Work Environment
Advancement Opportunity

We have been a family owned - local auto group for 25 years. We have been voted one of Oregon's Top 100 Businesses to work for in Oregon for a number of years. An honor that is the result of our employees rating our dealership. If you have the experience, please submit resume at employment@tcdealerships.com. All contacts will remain confidential.

Tags: Automotive, Director, Help, Internet, Job, Manager, Opportunity, Sales, Wanted

Views: 188

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Hello Rae,

First, my compliments for organizing your thoughts as thoroughly as you have regarding the position that your organization apparantly is growing into. I am also reassured by your recognition of the importance of coordinating your multiple location's online marketing efforts and presumably the sales processes required to properly leverage your resources in money, personnel and facilities; both in the real world and the virtual one that you contemplate integrating with it.

That said, after many years as an auto dealer followed by my present role in helping to develop the technologies, applications and processes needed to support the construction of the Internet Super Highway that promises to replace the local car row I would like to suggest that you provide some additional information to surface the qualified candidate that you need vs. the one that you may want.

If you review the dozens of posts on ADM that have offered similar opportunities compared to the equally relevant posts from frustrated ISM's and/or senior managers who have taken on similar challenges only to fail for reasons beyond their control you will find a common thread that impacts the success of both. I suggest that inorder for you and your applicants to succeed that you might consider adding the following comments to your own already well written post;

1) Have a comment from your dealership's owner(s) and G.M.(s) supporting your proposal and confirming his/their support for the position; now and in the future.

2) Provide a more detailed job description with actual areas of responsibility inluding how the Internet department will integrate with your established Internet departments and staff, B.D.C.'s and most importantly management and sales/support staff in the new/used vehicle sales departments and fixed operations. (NOTE: If you reply that you anticipate that the new manager will/should provide that -- you are correct -- except you should have a proposal first to open the interview so you can see where and/or if issues exist that might create conflicts in the future.)

3) I suggest that you post an example of a compensation plan based on line item percentages and expectations supported by existing sales/service performance as well as any proformas that you SHOULD have since you just acquired the two new dealerships. The plan should at least reference the percentage of the compensation that will be based on a salary or a draw vs. commissions and/or bonuses achieved by both department and individual performances. (Again, you should start the dialogue pending confirmation by the eventual hire just to confirm their understanding of the need for mutual accountability for shared profits on many levels.)

4) I suggest that you list your present vendors and applications in use as well as any sales/service processes that he/she will inherit along with your existing processes across all departments and your existing and planned locations.

I want to repeat that I am impressed by your open description of who you are and what you are looking for. However, in my humble opinion -- and based on my experience in the retail auto industry as well as a long term follower and supporter of ADM -- the right candidate will have heard it before. If you want to cut through the clutter of unfulfilled promises and misrepresented expectations to find the right person I suggest that you consider filling in the potholes that you may have left in your plans to build your exit(s) on the Internet Super Highway.

Of course, I could be wrong and if so -- never mind. I am only trying to help put two friends together in what looks like a great opportunity for both. After all, what are friends and ADM for!
I'm in the market for professional development opportunities Rae. Please explore my Linkedin profile. Thanks.
@Rae
Feel free to post this job opening as a blog post on http://www.internetsalesmanager.org. The more exposure you create, the better chances of finding the right candidate. This website is well ranked on Google for the search term "Internet Sales Manager" so it makes sense to post the opportunity.
Hello, Everyone - First I'd like to say thanks for the great response to the posting. There've been many and they've been greatly appreciated! We've postponed making any changes until close to the end of the year. So I'll be in touch then...

On another note - I'd like to remind everyone what a great resource Ralph has created here. We've received a large number of qualified contacts responding to this ad - considerably more than our other posting sources combined. It was such a great response, we'll be posting another job opportunity as well. Thanks, Ralph, for making this such a credible arena and an enourmous resource!

Sincerely,
Rae
For those of us who have moved into such a position or are creating an E-Commerce Director Position, would you be willing to post what you had in mind as a pay plan or some basic idea on what you were going to propose?

That would be very helpful..
Rae - Thank you for posting such great career opportunities for the ADM Professional Community to become aware of... There is so much information overload out there with the web and social media, it is exciting to see career opportunities from a group like yours where anyone who knows the business can plainly see that it is very real, genuine and not posted through an intermediary.

I hope all is well with you, and that you get the right person who makes a good fit for your team...

BTW, how many people know you and I worked together on the same team almost ten years ago?

Ralph Paglia

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service