Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
(words to a song, played to Johnny Cash's "I hear that train a coming" melody) I hear the sound of that big diesel coming.... I smell the fumes and diesel fuel... Could it be happenin' once again? Could something I posted on ADM got me rolled under that big bus a coming down around that next bend? (badda boom)

One thing I have learned to do when posting a blog, is to change the visibility settings so that only my ADM "friends" can see the bread clearly. If you are going to post a story or product review in the ADM Blog section that might piss somebody off, I recommend you first fire any suspicious friends that might contact your employer from being your friend on ADM. Then when you want to vent, use the "Only Friends Can See" setting at the bottom of the "Add Blog Page" when you go to save it.

Tags: ADM, Automotive, Bus, Integrity, Internet Sales Manager, Members, Rolling, Sales Manager, Under, morality, More…the

Views: 106

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

I have a great girlfriend who supports me Ralph. No beer needed tonight.. (maybe tomorrow though after these posts hit their Google Alerts and the angry emails roll in)
The challenge and frustration of our business, and truthfully most businesses, is that we cannot be honest and candid when on the job or in the public eye. Our country and our industry have failed to develop leadership skills in our managers, employees and associates. We strive to hire the best and sharpest people out there, and then once we hire them, we don’t listen to them. We bring in outside consultants who will then tell us what our own employees have been telling management for years.

The Internet provides a platform for all these frustrated staffers to share, vent, and cajole their peers and others in the industry. We need to be cautious though as many of the folks have shared here; the web is a two-edged sword.

When I worked at two of the largest auto lending institutions, I always told my employees don’t put anything in writing (email, text message, blog post, etc.) that you don’t want to see on the front page of the New York Times. This is good advice today, and will be good advice tomorrow. I guess I need to expand that since the video of the sales manager's meeting in California hit YouTube, we need to be cautious about anything we say in a public forum.

While the business world is not a democracy, it would be nice to see more owners and GM’s in dealerships have better communications with their employees. There are thousands of great folks working in this business and if we all focus on improving the auto retailing process, then no one can stop us. Ralph, keep on looking out for us and tell it like it is.
Thank you for those final words of encouragement, Mr. Dubis... You have been, and remain one of those professionals who i admire and respect the most in the car business... However, speaking of respect, whatever happened to the Dealer.com user group that was created in ADM quite awhile ago and had tons of useful tips, techniques, work-arounds and suggestions for improvement in Dealer.com websites and supporting applications? Where did it go? Is it possible that it disappeared after Dealer.com put pressure on the Group's creator? I don't know because all the times I have spoken to people at Dealer.com about various critical posts and/or things I have written that they did not agree with, we would have a constructive and professional conversation and usually resolve the issue in a mutually acceptable manner. Which has led me to appreciate and respect Dealer.com as a well managed and competent supplier with good business morals and ethics... A competitor to my employer? Yes, but one which i respect and have no problems working with.

So, I just have to wonder... Why would the ADM Member who created the Dealer.com Group within the ADM Community delete that group after so many ADM members had used it to get tips and guidance on using Dealer.com websites?

Something smells strange about that whole scenario...
@ Ralph... Social Media is Social... Good, Bad or Indifferent... Reputation Management applies to individuals as well as dealerships. I (and I hope other ADM members) look up to you to lead... Keep your chin high. Good Selling! DTG
@Ralph,

This is simply unbelievable.

I'm glad to hear things turned out for the best.

Truly low-class trolls.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

William B. Terry
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

SaveSave

ADM Professional Services
Phone Consultation
Topic or Issue:

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2020   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service