Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
(words to a song, played to Johnny Cash's "I hear that train a coming" melody) I hear the sound of that big diesel coming.... I smell the fumes and diesel fuel... Could it be happenin' once again? Could something I posted on ADM got me rolled under that big bus a coming down around that next bend? (badda boom)

One thing I have learned to do when posting a blog, is to change the visibility settings so that only my ADM "friends" can see the bread clearly. If you are going to post a story or product review in the ADM Blog section that might piss somebody off, I recommend you first fire any suspicious friends that might contact your employer from being your friend on ADM. Then when you want to vent, use the "Only Friends Can See" setting at the bottom of the "Add Blog Page" when you go to save it.

Tags: ADM, Automotive, Bus, Integrity, Internet Sales Manager, Members, Rolling, Sales Manager, Under, morality, More…the

Views: 100

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Nice, very well stated Ralph.
Well said Ralph. Usually when those things occur, it's because you hit the truth square on the nail. I remember the Kobalt deal, I was on that side of the fence and everything you stated was the truth.

The reality of our world is that certain people have agenda's both political and professional. They don't have the guts to have a professional dialogue about the issues, so they back door they person they oppose.

For those out there who feel like they have power by getting someone fired, be ware, what goes around comes around. All I'm saying, is I'm just saying.

ADM members, be safe, don't be sorry...
The Kobalt Group's C-levellers must service a Disney contract..... They are practicing a Mickey Mouse level of professionalism.

"Keep on rockin in the free world" Ralph.
John, you have no idea how close to the "truth" you are. as a result they struggle and will continue to. They live a 'very protected" world of GM, not in the competitive digital world.

Keep it all comin, Ralph......
John - You are better off not working for a company like that... Within my own team, we highly value critique and constructive criticism. My employer invests many millions of dollars in Research and Development every year, and when product or service related issues are posted in social media, it will influence those investments. There is NEVER any adverse actions taken against a client or their employees, but reports posted anywhere on the web that provide information about a flaw or deficiency in software, support or service are vetted internally and included within the consideration of which change requests to prioritize or new products that need to be funded for development. I am currently advising our marketing team on the separate issues around responding and acknowledging these posts. My desire is to come closer to what we do for our dealer clients, which means breaking the "radio silence" rule that is currently in place, and which everybody, including our attorneys will agree is out of date and simply not compliant with the changes in the world of social media. Today I reviewed a social media response flow chart created by our marketing team... I was blown away by how well thought out and properly conditioned this social media post and response workflow design truly is... It is so good we will probably adapt it to what we do for dealers who are Social Media Reputation Management clients. Talk about an ironic reversal of the previous teacher/student relationship!

The bottom line? It is not the originally posted complaint that determines a company's reputation, whether that company is a dealership or a dealership supplier... It is the response and reaction by the company/dealership to that complaint that has the most profound impact on it's reputation.
Good thoughts. I try to use the forum to contact other dealer employees but having vendors does often help. But anybody using this outside of getting ideas or selling within the forum should think twice. I have received several unwanted calls from vendors after asking for advice or opinions. But, I can't imagine having someone contact my employer about my comments or opinions on a forum. I am sure it does happen so thanks for the information!

And for what it's worth ADP would be crazy to run you off...
I think at the end of the day is for everyone to understand the transparency of what we are here. Everything we say about anyone or vendor is open for anyone to use, or take out of context. I'm not trying to sound like an attorney, But caution should be on everyone's mind here. We've all had difficulties with systems, vendors and the like, but we need to think before we go forward here.

I think the idea, concept and experience sharing here is nothing short of dynamic, Social media has allowed us the network with our peers more than ever before. And the visibility and transparency of digitial will expand more and more in the coming days and months ahead.

I agree with Finney and some of the others, gather ideas, concepts and experiences that is the true value here. Simply assume that everything is monitored by someone, anyone, anytime......

Let's all just band together......
the old addage if you can't say something nice about the person don't say anything at all
Good one Aaron, short and to the point, and correct.
I see it as it can help you and hurt you. If you keep your conversations at a professional level and give your honest opionion and why you should be fine. People that use forums like this to rant a bad mouth a vendor or dealer can only be hurting themselves. I think it's hilarious watching some people make fools of them selves.

I had a friend, who I will not mention names go on a job interview, then go on his social media pages and speak very openly about this dealer, as much a social guru he thought to be didn't think maybe someone from this dealer whould be on these sites, saw it and it's safe to say he didn't get the gig.

This is a large industry, but the circles all link together and become real small. You can be working with or for a competitor at any point in time. I remember the words my old boss from Newcars.com. He said never bad mouth a vendor or dealership, it will bite you in the ass and I will fire you. I would constantly compete with the reps of Cars.com and always talked them up during presentations. One year later they bought our company and let me know that they appreciated my professionalism and kept me on and gave me more money.

My advice would be never say anything in public that you don't want to bite you in the ass later. Say to yourself, if I was ever going to interview with this company, would this affect me. Even if you dont' think you would ever work there, say it to yourself, it works. I always say during parts of conversations I don't want public I say, let's leave that for the bar.

Clarence
Yeah... I'll but the first round!
I meant to write "BUY" not "but"!

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

2. 5 Ideas for car dealers FB page

Posted by Kevin Lewis on August 6, 2019

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service