Contact Brad Korner at R. L. Polk.
RE: Sales Leadership Career
I'd like to share with all of you a career opportunity that is available at Polk. I consider all of you extremely influential in the automotive retail services vertical and through your contacts may have a recommendation that we can discuss in confidence this opportunity. Please feel free to have candidates contact me directly at email@example.com so they can find out more. Below is a position description.
Thank you in advance if you have a contact that may be interested.
Sales Team Management:
• Coaches, trains, counsels, and mentors sales staff in all aspects of sales effectiveness (including consultative selling, cross selling, up selling, product knowledge and Executive presence) in order to achieve team revenue objectives.
• Develops teamwork among group.
• Selling manager for establishment of new accounts and presenting the suite of Polk solutions to executive “C” level prospects and customers.
• Build base of recurring contractual revenue for dealers, dealer groups, marketing agencies and VAR channel partners.
• Utilize SF.com and JDE reporting for targeting existing business retention.
• Utilize position metrics for activity to meet position metrics and conversion to opportunities and closed business for individual productivity and effectiveness evaluation.
• Conduct weekly 1:1 territory and account reviews with direct reports.
• Motivates and directs sales people to support strategic sales objectives.
• Responsible for individual development and career growth of team members.
• Responsible for structuring and assigning resources of group in order to achieve optimal results.
• Assists direct reports with contract pricing and negotiations.
• Develops sales campaigns.
• Works with sales staff to develop and manage territory/account plans in order to achieve department goals and maximize revenue opportunity with existing accounts and new prospects.
• Exercises the usual authority of a manager concerning hiring, performance improvement plans and reviews, and makes recommendations on promotions, salary recommendations and terminations.
• Arbitrates sales personnel disputes.
• Negotiates small to mid-size contracts and/or sales opportunities.
• Attends Industry Trade Shows and Conferences.
• Builds and maintains relationships with clients at all levels especially middle management.
• Forecasts sales and revenue for team of responsibility.
• Works in conjunction with Account Director and/or VP to manage assigned budget in order to minimize expenditures and optimally utilize resources.
• Assists in the annual budgeting process by providing accurate forecast data.
• Works with IT production teams to ensure customer specifications are clear and that orders can be met on time.
• Maintains interdepartmental communication.
• Ensures customer satisfaction and monitors team effectiveness.
• Resolves customer issues.
• Performs other duties as requested by management.
• Works closely with sales and production teams, management, customers and vendors.
• May manage Account Executive, Telesales; (Sr.) Customer Development Executive; Order Support Specialist; Sales Support Specialist and/or Administrative Associate.
• Bachelor’s degree in sales, marketing, or business field with at least three years’ business-to-business direct consultative selling experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Three years’ automotive industry knowledge.
• At least one-year management experience.
• Proven performance selling software applications or analytical/technical products.
• Ability to anticipate and handle difficult customer situations.
• Ability to inform, educate and influence managers and employees to support assigned area of responsibility.
• Exceptional written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Experience developing and managing to budgets.
• Ability to understand Polk products, and services and their uses in client applications for business or industry of responsibility.
• Strong negotiation skills required.
• Experience using a database or software application.
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Experience using the Internet.
• May require some travel to customer locations and/or other Polk locations.
Normal office environment.
Potential Jobs for Career Progression*