Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
Ok, here it goes, this is where I try to get some value out of ADM for my employer... Lately I have been on the soap box within ADP trying to get development resources to build an automated software system that would respond to any lead with a VIN or Stock Number associated by sending an email back to the consumer with the price quote based on the rules and parameters set up in the tool, or maybe even the DMS. Anyways, here are my questions... Because i do believe that slogging through multiple leads, doing the same process to send back a proper price quote, and some alternative vehicles is mind numbing and should be streamlined with software! This would free us all up to spend more time on the phone with customers and would prevent late responses when we are tied up on the showroom with customers.

So here are the questions i need answered from people who have done the job of responding to internet Leads:

• Would you be interested in automating lead response emails with a detailed price quote?

• If yes, what level of detail should be included in the quote?
o Local taxes and fees?
o Down payment
o Estimated payments, based on credit score tiers
o Other?

• How accurate does the quote need to be?
o DMS calculated?
o Estimated using local taxes, fees and APR?
o Other?

• What level of interaction would you want to offer your consumer with the quote?
o Customize down payment
o Customize price with trade in
o Select APR \ Credit score
o Offer similar alternative vehicles that are in stock, say 2, 3 or 4 units?
o Other?

Tags: Automated Email, Lead response process, Request For Quote, Response System

Views: 269

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Bob,

Great to see your solution working in that many marketplaces! I think solutions/services such as ResponseLogix will work well for dealers who combine your solution with "proactive" internal processes to help retailers close more deals!

I personally think your solution is a good fit for agressive/progressive retailers that see the ability to close a higher percentage of leads they receive!

Congrats on the solution and good luck!
Ralph,

We have done what you are proposing to do. Happy to have a deeper conversation about it in person / on the phone, if you’re interested. We have spent three years in continuous optimization, and “getting it right” has been a mammoth effort for our 50 person team. As far as we come, we see another year of work to build out the product to full fruition of the original vision, and from there the opportunities for continuous improvement are legion. It has been exciting and rewarding to see the very significant impact on dealer sales that is driven by a multi-vehicle price quote sent to the customer in 10 minutes; making it a reality is a very big project.
As someone who works for the leading provider of automotive digital response management (DRM) solutions, I am thrilled that an increasing number of people in the business recognize the need for a very rapid multi-vehicle quote in response to a car buyer’s request. This substantiates what ResponseLogix has known since 2007 – that the shift in control of the car buying process has moved to consumers and the successful dealer gives the consumer what the consumer requests-- ASAP. The internet empowers car buyers to expect instant information at their fingertips; dealers with DRM (digital response management) solutions fulfill that goal.

If you are looking at your alternatives in the DRM space, here are some key questions to ask vendors:

1. Can I use my existing CRM and still add your DRM solution, or do you require that I use your CRM?
2. Can you respond AUTOMATICALLY (no human intervention) within 10 minutes to both new and pre-owned car requests, including those requests that are not VIN specific?
3. Can I present alternative new then relevant pre-owned alternatives in the quote when responding to a new car request, AND present pre-owned then relevant new alternatives when responding to a pre-owned request?
4. Do all responses possess the necessary option detail for the customer to understand what is being quoted?
5. Do you offer a follow-up email marketing capability in which the content is quality controlled by you to ensure email marketing best practice, and in which customers respond by clicking action buttons that link to web pages (for simplicity and trackability) vs. having to respond in a fully typed out email?
These key features are critical to success. For instance, an automatic response on ALL new and pre-owned leads ensures speed of response every time, vital to driving maximum value in improved sales. These features are the drivers of incremental sales and ROI. It doesn’t take many incremental sales to amply overcome the cost of a top-tier DRM solution through incremental gross margin, as dealers across the country have found.

Since Matt showed their DRM functionality, I’d like to follow suit and show you ours.
Attachments:
Awesome
I am not an internet sale rep... (so you can toss this if you like). Today's web technologies allow all of the above to be comfortably embedded within a dealers website as an interactive form... Opt In customer friendly environment... utilization of landing pages, e-mails, promotions and the like... with the same data scraped and reconstituted... Generated into a landing page brochure style with the features that the dealer chooses, is my pick. (I believe that would be similar to what Matt is showing you combined with a brochure page given a unique url for linking, forwarding and posting) Power of 3 is good. Lastly... at the expense of slowing the process down in some or all cases I would look for a solution that allows verification (personalization) of pricing prior to transmission. Good Selling! DTG

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

William B. Terry
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2020   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service