Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

Recently I have been seeing more and more articles on ADM and advertisements containing QR codes.  I personally think that these things are pretty cool and can be a great way to drive traffic and gain an edge over our competition with some creative places to put these codes.

The one problem that I am having is finding a QR generator that really stands out. 

so...

For those who are currently using QR codes, what are some of the generators that you have found to be most useful?

I’m looking for something that I can attach a string of text, v-card, youtube video, or a website.  And of course (and probably most important) be able to track each QR scan.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Tags: Codes, QR, generator, phone, scanner, smart

Views: 213

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Hi Chris,

Sometimes less is more, but since you are researching QR codes maybe more is less!  I suggest that you start with this list to spark specific comments and see where the ADM comments take you.

Good luck!

QR Code Generators Online

There are quite a few QR Code generators online. Some of them like Barcode Maker simply cosmeticize the Google Chart API while others like ZXing have full MECARD encoding. Here are the best examples:

QR Code and 2D Code Generator
Kerem Erkan has produced an excellent QR Code, Micro QR Code, Datamatrix and Aztec Code
generator with many interesting features including URL shortening.

Maestro
Create QR Codes for telephone, SMS, Maps, URL, MeCards and Raw data.

Jason Delport’s Create QR Code
User interface for the Google Chart API with 500px x 500px maximum size.

BeQRious
50px x 50px images can be inserted in the code and output can be saved as gif or pdf.

i-nigma
Foreign language versions available in Español, Português and Italiano.

Invx
One size but generates a QR Code and a Datamarix Code simultaneously.

Jaxo
Select encoding mode, multiple colors and upload background graphic.

Kaywa
Generates small, medium, large and extra-large sizes.

Goqr.me
Any color background or modules and many other options.

Nokia
Includes full VCARD implementation.

QReate & Track
Includes iCalendar and vCard formats and an option for real-time reporting.

QR Stuff
Lots of options here including color, batch printing with Avery label compatibility and send by email.

Raco
Can specify error correction levels.

SnapMaze
One size but choice of six colors.

Winksite
PNG and JPG in standard sizes.

ZXing
Includes encoding in MECARD format.

Decoder/Encoder
Stand alone Decoder and Encoder

The only known online Micro QR Code Generators are Kerem Erkan’s and TEC-IT.

We just posted on our automotive industry marketing blog a report about QR codes that you may find of value.  http://aftermarketerclub.com/blog/2011/02/how-qr-codes-can-grow-sal...

Please share your comments.  Thanks.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for providing the extensive list of info. I'm a big fan of utilizing QR codes to generate buzz and perhaps some real world traffic for dealerships in several areas of opportunities and I thought I would comment on your post...I noticed that the Kaywa generator you mentioned in your post does not support the iPhone, but it works perfectly with the iPhone depending on what Reader app you have. Users should understand the difference between the Generator and the reader as they could go through this list and think that one may be inferior to another and while that may be true for Readers, a dealership will probably rarely generate a QR Code FROM their phone but will always USE their phone to view it...

The Generator should have zero effect on the outcome IF the app is good. There are some apps out there that work slowly or not as well as others and people should understand that one has not much to do with the other. Generating a QR Code and reading one are different topics. Not to make this more confusing than it needs to be, but once a QR Code is done and the image is saved and used for re deployment, it's ultimately up to the consumer to pick the app to read it. With that said, maybe a list of readers that dealers could use to send to their customers is what may be important so that they can easily use the app to view the dealer's content/inventory/whatever.

I must admit I am partial to using QR Codes to view sales members reviews, but there are TONS of other ideas that will help dealers sell cars and genrate traffic to their properties. If anyone has a list of Readers that could be suggested I would think it would help this thread. Here are just 2 that I know of and use without issue:

1) Connect Me for iPhone by Top Floor Studios 

2) Bakodo-Barcode Scanner and QR Code Reader.

Both work almost instantly and that is what is critical for a consumer.

Nice job on sharing info on QR Codes!

You can try Hipscan http://goo.gl/dHGCz . It has pretty good QR code tracking and analytics.

A reminder though, pay attention to making it effective such as linking it to a mobile optimized site, placing a call-to-action beside the QR code so people know WHY it is worth scanning, placing it in scan-friendly locations and etc. You can also find tips on how to make your QR code campaign effective at http://blog.hipscan.com/. Hope this helps!

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service