Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

This morning I came across an interesting blog...

http://bit.ly/pbAtka

The title is not suitable for printing...I found it interesting that someone became so fed up with Yelp that they took the time to create this. I would not be surprised to see it gain traction as the Yelp community continues to grow. I use the word "community" as this review site is much different from all others in that it is a "social" place. Not that others may not be "social" currently, but not like Yelp. Clearly this is what makes it unique and powerful and clearly this is what makes it in some cases heinous. Agenda driven, viral attitudes are not what review sites are designed to be, yet this is exactly what this group (largely) consists of. I'll stop now before I get started :)  In any event it makes for some comical reading.

Tags: management, reputation, review, sites

Views: 81

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

I have to admit at laughing when I read this blog... However, I will also admit to laughing at inappropriate times and things on a fairly regular basis.  The main jist of the message I got from this blog was "ANGRY MAN" syndrome.  If this person is so enraged by what Yelp is, or does, or what people on Yelp post, then he should delete his Yelp membership and avoid the aggravation.

As I have said many times, there is no such thing as "Social Spam" from sites that require you to complete a membership profile and verify (double opt-in) your email address before receiving notices and updates. 

Likewise, Yelp is most definitely a membership inclusive social network that thrives on reviews that are neither based on facts, nor directed by any other set of objective criteria. In fact, it seems that the "Yelpers" who generate the most obnoxious, outrageous, or even funny because of their ridiculousness reviews are the more popular people in the Yelp community.

With that said, I will also say that I am a somewhat active member of the Yelp Community and find it interesting and entertaining... Although I tend to regard the reviews as only being as useful and credible as the person who posted it.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service