Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

Hello to all!!!  So far I have to say that I am very impressed with what I have seen so far since joining this site.  All of the information I have gathered has been put to very good use, especially for the regular sales guys. 

The reason for my post, is that I was recently appointed as Internet Sales Manager for my dealership.  By recently, I mean June 1, 2011.  I really feel this is up my ally, but there is really no process or anything in place, and I've essentially been trying to build up the BDC as best I can. 

Here is an idea of the situation I am in.  Currently, I am the only one that is handling leads during the hours that I am at the dealership.  When I am gone, they go to the other sales people.  So far in the 9 days I've been in this position, I have received 25 leads.  We are currently using SalesEdge as our CRM.  I have also been attempting to set up templates for me to use when I send out my emails.  I have come up with a few, but none are too spectacular.  In all actuality, I'm building this whole position from scratch.  My GM is demanding results, but I feel that he does not understand that its going to take a a little time to get this whole show boat up and running.  I'm not saying that I can't meet his demands, it's just extremely difficult with being thrust into a position and there is no direction.

What I am really looking for, is first a process in which to follow.  A guide, if you will, as to how to handle the any and all leads that come in; from the time they send in the lead, to the time they are leaving my lot.  This, I believe, would be the best starting point for me; please tell me if I am wrong.  Second, I need to know if I can obtain, or have assistance in creating email templates that will grab my customers attention.  I guess, if you boil everything down, I am looking to build up my department from scratch, with only me working it.  I need a place to start, and a direction to go in.  Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.  Thanks to the ADM team for having such wonderful and informative site.

I have also attached the "Inquiry Received Email", as well as the quote template that was left for me.  These are really the only tools that came with the job.

Tags: bdc, email, help, internet, leads, phone, process

Views: 775

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Also, I am in charge of the show.  There is no additional help from anybody, including management, and other sales people

I have a follow up process map and an incoming phone script you can download at http://TheDigitalCarGuy.com/Training.html to give you a foundation to build on.

Looks like you have a Dealer.com site, they have an ILM called Lead Machine that is inexpensive and you can set a follow up process map like the one I have on my website. I would also get rid of the pop up that first shows with service hours.

Good Luck

Wow, the process map is amazing.  Its going to be a great kickoff point to the program here

If you go to http://RobertHutson.com you will see my site and if you inquire on a vehicle I will allow the system to send you my email templates ! Call me if you have any questions!

Thomas Ieracitano
229-251-2462

Chris, I have uploaded 3 files that you should find quite useful...
Attachments:

Thanks Ralph and to the rest of you, you've provided me with a lot of information, and it is all helping very much.  And I'm currently working on the dealership assessment you provided me, but that is going to take a while to finish. 

One thing I am still looking for is my essentially my first 10 day emails.  Like what should I be including in them without sounding pushy or repetitive.  I have my stuff for further out than 10 days, and I'm setting those to auto responders after 15 days, but still calling up to 90 days.

Thanks again all, wish me luck!!

Hi Chris.  My name is Adam and I too just started my position in Internet Sales.  I was wondering how it's going for you so far and if you have any advice for me. 

And I'm looking for email templates for my first 10 days, up to 15 days, and even further if possible.  I guess I'm just looking for help with the whole process!  I was kind of just thrown into this position and this dealership has never had a true Internet Sales program so it is being built from scratch. 

Any help would be appreciated, thanks a lot!

Hello, Chris:

The very best FREE state-of-the-art email templates I've found are at Campaign Monitor. Over 100+ are available, designed  by world-class graphic artists, offering variations. Here's the link to them: http://www.campaignmonitor.com/templates/ 

The only caveat is that they are in Photoshop format (because that's a program world-class graphic artists often use to design stuff). Typically, Photoshop costs a lot but they just started a subscription service for only $35 per month. Here's a link to get Photoshop (albeit it can be tricky to learn): http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/buying-guide.displayTab4.html

If your dealership has an agency on retainer, you could also ask them to tweak any templates you see at Campaign Monitor that you like.

Good luck to you!

Chris,

If you need some ideas for templates or word tracks, I have some cool things to share with you. My process pieces in maintaining a solid online reputation.
The best thing is to follow that Ralph posted, it is a very informative and detailed document. Go to all your departments and ask them what they need and what the short comings are in their current state. Then research what other dealers are doing in your area to compete against your current strategy. Then finally just craft a marketing profile to outdo whatever they are doing. I would say lots of video, but personlization with staff videos, create a post sale follow up email that asks for reviews, go to conferences and pick the minds of what the best and the brightest are doing. This is not that complicated, just very detail oriented / time consuming at first, and don't plan on getting any thanks afterwards...lol Make sure before you get started that all your Google Places, Yahoo Local, and information with all the subsidiary sites that are information loggers like infousa have your information and links set up properly. If you get bogged down, hire a local college student to do the grunt work on a part time basis. Don't pay out a lot for Paid Search, create a huge organic profile and create content. Try to create systems to automate everything that happens, take yourself out of the middle. Don't make your emails sound like templates, I can tell, people can tell, they are not stupid. Send all documents out in PDF formats. Use a Gmail address to contact them and text customers more, this is 2011. One of the highest grossing Internet Guys I met locally is an ex sports agent, he lives on the phone. People want personalization and to trust who they are working with so transparency always.

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting & Coaching
Select the maximum amount you want to pay each month
$ USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service