Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
I am looking at possibly hiring a consultant to come in and help me get better results from my internet department and BDC. We have grown quickly over the last year and we need help in getting the most out of the leads we have from our internet department. We are also trying to expand our BDC to increase showroom traffic but need help there as well. Please let me know if you have worked with someone that you recommend for these areas.

Views: 486

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

First of all I want to thank everyone for their comments and suggestions. It is great to have a resource like ADM to help us navigate through decisions. Someone mentioned that I should think through the exact goals I would like to achieve so I thought I would share them with everyone. Currently I have an internet deapartment with 6 internet reps and one manager. Those reps were taking all of the new car leads and incoming phone calls. About 4 weeks ago we hired 2 additional individuals to handle only the incoming calls and create appointments for our floor sales staff. We are selling about 60 cars from our internet staff and our phone guys are pacing 25 cars this month. The manager for this department is relatively new to the car business (1 year) but he is eager to learn and has a strong background with phone sales. My desire is to have someone come in look at how we are handling leads, help us handle the leads better to gain more sales, set objectives and show us what things we should be looking at daily, train my manager to manage the department effectively, train our phone guys and help us mine our database to create a call list for our phone guys to recover our customers in addition to handling the incoming calls. I am looking for someone that will not only come in and help me set this up but also help me monitor it and mentor the manager I have in place.

I hope this clears up what my expectations are. Like Ralph said this is tough decision because no one likes to waste money and most dealers at one point or another have hired a trainer/consultant that provides little to no results. Although they have great thoughts, implementing them becomes a challenge.

I am looking forward to speaking to all of you on Thursday. Please let me know if there is any information that I can provide you ahead of time.
Alex I have your registration approved!

We will be sending you a panelist back end link so that you can co-moderate the event along with the Trainers and Consultants and of course our ADM leader Ralph. We will also be sending, everyone that registers a list of all the trainers and consultants who were willing to hang out with us in the round table.

If you have time to fill out Ralph’s analysis for over the next few days, we’ll get a copy of it to all the moderators and panelists upon your approval so they have whatever info you would like them to have.

Cheers,

Eddie
https://www2.gotomeeting.com/register/447776322
@ Alex - I realize that the eBusiness Assessment Questionnaire can be quite a chore to complete, so let me point out that any of the questions answered is better than none of them answered and will help you evaluate available consultants based on their recommendations addressing specific data from your dealership.
@ Eddie - I am not sure if we have ever met, but I wanted to let you know how poisitively impressed I am with the actions you have taken to set up the GoToMeeting session and rally multiple consultants in a "Battle of the Bands" format to better serve Alex's needs... Very, very impressive indeed!
Ralph,

I am trying very hard not to appear defensive or self serving in my contributions to this post and the subsequent replies apparantly questioning my intent or motives to help Alex to define his needs for free before he engages a consultant. My suggestion that he first confirm that he has the proper mindset and dealer buy in before he presumes to make any changes was the extent of my offer and advice. In evidence of that point, as suggested in my first response, I once again agree that he should take advantage of the suggested "Battle of Consultants" as well as to surface suggestions in ADM -- for free -- since that is what friends and ADM is for.
@ Phil - This is going to sound (read) bad, but the truth is that I did not read any posts other than Joe Webb's at the rime I responded to his comment... My assumptions were based on reading and understanding what Joe was referring to. I do a lot of "Hit and Run" comments on ADM and other sites in between working on stuff that is part of my day job... While waiting for something to upload or download, I will often times do the CTL+TAB or ALT+TAB, then post a comment and then do the same to flip back to my work... I know this sounds bad, but maybe it will explain some of the ways I have inadvertently pissed people off over the past couple of years. Personally, I find it so fascinating that the experience seems to reinforce my practice of such tactics. What it does do is allow me to post a comment free from the influence of trying (vainly) to be diplomatic... In fact, maybe I ought to just give up on my lame-ass attempts at diplomacy and just call it like I see it! But then again, that's probably not what friends are for. Phil, you know I admire, love and trust you in a manly way... Keep the opinions coming and do not worry about me, I always back you up and respect what you have to say.
Ralph -- No worries!

Frankly, Joe Webb already reached out to tell me that he wasn't referring to my comment either! The tiiming and placement of his post was coincidentally under mine so I thought he and you were questioning my reply vs. one above it suggesting a self serving solution before knowing the dealer's specific situation. That said, perhaps -- as is often the case -- we all just learned something about social networking that we can all apply in future. For example - I should have known that you and Joe would not have questioned my motives so please accept my apologies for assuming that you did! See you both in Orlando to toast our support of Alex and other contributors to ADM. After all, what are friends for!
Okay, here is where the rubber meets the road, Phil...

Just so happens that the powers that be at Digital Dealer have put Ralph and I up as conference speakers during the same time frame. Now, the question is... where does your loyalty lie? I know both Ralph AND I would love to have you as an audience member in our respective sessions, but no one can be two places at once. :)

I know you've sat in for both of our sessions in the past, but just want to tug at your heartstrings and make you choose. This is the Sophie's Choice of ecommerce seminars so I am eager to see what happens.

Here is the promo video for Ralph's session - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoPdM2yFIM0
and here is mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT9SAFyVVqg

I'd like to think that any other worthy trainer vying for this consulting opportunity in Miami post their respective promo videos for their upcoming speaking engagements at the leading automotive digital marketing conference - Digital Dealer.... (and the gauntlet has been thrown down by me! Are there any challengers?! Is there no one here who can defeat me?! ---- sorry for the rant, just watched Gladiator).
Well Joe,

Since you put me on the spot, unlike King Solomon I can actually cut the baby in half. As of this post I have 17 associates and/or affiliates and or dealer/vendor clients attending the 8Th DD so.. I will send 9 to one and eight to the other and the one of you who commits first to attend my session will have me at theirs! The net effect is that each will have an even nine attendees to reflect my love and support for both of you equally.

So -------.

My session is:

SOCIAL NETWORKING
Consumers Own the Dealership of Tomorrow Today… So Meet your New Boss!

Monetizing social networking is the challenge of the day and this session will feature new technologies and consumer-centric solutions to put your customers to work for you.

Session Video Link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOyxtpWI37Y

The clock is ticking!!
I'm in. (And let me say how shocked I am that Ralph wouldn't take the time to beat me to this post's offer. It just goes to show his lack of caring.) :^)

Booya Ralph!
Wait till Thursday Spartacus!! It will be a good good time! Anyone who is a player will do everything they can to get themselves or one of their people to the Round Table trust me and anyone who isn't will be busy with a client.

Not that, that's not actually a reality on such short notice and totally understandable.

Just having fun!
@ Joe - Not taking the time to respond to Alex's offer? Check the log, and you will see I am the one who master blasted it along with a recommendation to all ADM members who are consultants to respond... Alex and I have some history, so in the interest of client confidentiality, I will let him disclose if he feels necessary... BUT, do not think that I have not been responsive. And, I am curious as to who signed up for Eddie Cole's Consultant Webinar first... Joe Webb or Ralph Paglia???? Huh??? Eddie, let's hear about who enrolled first, Joe or Ralph.

When you can snatch the grasshopper out of my hand, you will be ready...

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2018   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service