Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

I'm sure everyone knows by now how important your presence on Google is, but for the most part customers find dealers by looking them up by name or location. I will use my dealership as an example, if a customer is looking for us they will usually type into Google either "Martys GMC" or "GMC Kingston," of course there are variants to those searches but you get the picture.

Now, comes the fun part. Those customers are finding my dealership because they know we exist, they have heard of us before, they have done business with us etc. What I really wanted was to get in front of customers that aren't looking for us. You might think, that sounds a little strange why would you want to get in front of customers not looking for you?

This industry is a game of numbers, as we all know, the more customers we can land on our website, the more opportunity we will have to sell vehicles. Why not have your dealer show up when customers are searching for your competition, or maybe another location? My first video I decided to go after the local Ford dealers customers, and I will show you how.

Click this link and look at the Google results page, scroll down until you see my YouTube video...click it...and let me know what you think.

If there is enough interest, I may create a full how to guide on getting your YouTube videos to hit first page. I have more that 10 sitting on first page results, getting us more and more traffic to our website each month. This is the most effective piece of digital marketing I have done, and the results have been great!

I am open for any questions that you all may have.

-Brian

Tags: seo, traffic, video, youtube

Views: 408

Replies are closed for this ADM discussion.

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Nice thread Brian................ yeah I`ve heard video/You Tube works pretty cool.......... that is if you use it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DouglasVW

http://www.youtube.com/user/DouglasInfiniti

http://www.youtube.com/user/JohnWayne00

It's crazy that some dealers are still not utilizing it. The best way to get the most out of it is to get the videos to rank in google searches which can be a little tricky, but when it works it works HUGE. 

Here is a link to our channel, our highest viewed video currently had 70k views, but when I get my hands on our new model line up I should be able to make our channel go BOOM! 

MARTYS BUICK GMC YOUTUBE CHANNEL

I have 100+ YouTube accounts in order to rank certain videos on Google, its a must if you want google to rank you.

About 2,120,000 results

Ads related to ford plymouth ma

1. Balise Ford of Cape Cod - BaliseFordCapeCod.com‎

www.balisefordcapecod.com/
    1 (888) 477 3262
    View Our Hyannis Ford Inventory. Call Now & Save On All Ford Models
  2. Plymouth Ford Dealership - Get a Quote on a New Ford Now‎

www.buycolonialford.com/
    1 (888) 958 4094
    Save Thousands Online Today.

Ad related to ford plymouth ma

1. Certified Ford Dealership - Authorized Ford Sales and Service‎

www.fordcountrylv.com/
    1 (855) 992 1265
    "Everything We Do Is Driven By You"

So my video is #2 Organic search result, video has a 41% greater click through rate over contextual ads. @Ralph, did you check out the video? Nothing like sitting right in front of your competitors customers, gives you the opportunity to educate them on your product and why they should consider your product instead.

Wow! I just realized what you did here... This is ballsy, hyper-competitive and you are conquesting from another brand, so your OEM must be proud of what you have done.  This is "Competitive Conquest" on a major level... I am curious, have you been able to get any Ford truck shoppers to come in and consider the new GMC?

Here's my new GM truck:

I do agree you have one very good strategy and not too many dealers are using it yet. Definitely interested in finding out how you ranked it first page, your channel has some very impressive view counts.

@Ralph, That video is just one of many that I have put up. I can't say that we have had Ford specific customers coming in from the video directly, but I can tell you that since I have been placing these videos all over the web we have seen a healthy increase in website traffic as well as leads. Nice truck ;)

The main concept behind this idea is to put yourself in front of the audience that might otherwise not consider your brand or your dealership. YouTube can be utilized in a variety of ways, and most dealers are not focusing on getting video to rank in Google. They use it for their websites, or video walkaround to send to customers etc.

The best way to get started, check out your PPC campaigns or your website analytics, find out what the top keywords are for your dealership and use those as a platform to base your YouTube video off of.

For Example, you own a GMC dealer is Kingston, you have a competitor GMC dealer in Boston (40miles apart). As I stated earlier, most commonly customers will search for location and brand. Now, if someone types in "GMC Boston" into Google they will more than likely find results for the local dealer in Boston. Normal practice to conquest that dealer would be to initiate a PPC campaign targeting the keyword "GMC Boston." That's all well and good, but clickthrough rates are terrible for PPC because the consumer knows they are ads, they rather click through organic.

So instead of a PPC campaign you create a youtube video called "GMC Boston - Before You Buy!" you rank that video, and before you know it you have a video presence on page 1 where you otherwise were invisible, and if you make a good impression on the customer with your video you might spark enough interest for he or she to check out your website and see what you have to offer.

@Johnathan, I am working on a guide on how to rank videos onto Google, and for most keywords the competition is so low that it will be a piece of cake. Google owns YouTube, therefore in an effort to make more money, Google LOVES to rank YouTube videos to page 1. It's a no brainer for them, they also have found that the average user likes to see the variety of results on page 1, on most searches you make today you will get video, images, and website results all on page 1. 

A few really good tricks to get you started are to have multiple YouTube channels, I have a ton of them. If it is a keyword that is a little difficult to rank, it makes your life easier to use multiple YouTube channels and I will tell you why. We can stick with my example above and say we are trying to rank for the search term "GMC Boston" so in order to make sure we get there we make our channel name GMCBOSTON, we also name the video file GMCBOSTON before we upload it. Believe it or not, Google pays attention to it, and the more relevant Google thinks you are for that term of course the better you rank. 

You then want to do the normal things like a fully optimized title, tag, and description. For title I almost always use the keyword "GMC Boston" and then a little add on to entice the customer to click so something like "GMC Boston - Click Here To Save." The video description should have the keyword in it as well, and some text explaining the video and links to your website.

The next step is to rank the video, and on Google let me fill you in on a secret....VIEWS MEAN NOTHING. Backlinks are what rank you on Google, as well as social signals (fb shares, tweets, etc) The easiest way to start backlinks are by using what you already have, post the video on your fb page, embed the video on your website, put a link to your video at the bottom of your homepage. Share the video on websites like Reddit, stumble upon, digg, etc. Create a step by step process so that you can recreate the steps over and over again.

Backlinking is the trickiest part, and can be really confusing, but like I said, once I finish my guide I will try and make it all as easy as possible and with a step by step process.

*sorry for the long post, I absolutely love this stuff, I could talk about it all day*

-Brian

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2018   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service