Mr. Irving Silver passed on Thursday, April 22.
I was very blessed and was able to visit with him briefly on Sunday, April 18.
Here are some of my favorite "Irving Silver" bullet points:
- 1945 - General Douglas MacArthur personally awarded Irving Silver with The Bronze Star Medal for "Heroic achievement in connection with military operations against the enemy." General MacArthur also awarded Mr. Silver a Battlefield Commission from the enlisted rank of Corporal to the commissioned rank of Captain
- 1949 - First salesman in Atlanta, GA to earn $50,000 in one year
- 1950's - Number One National Salesman for Dodge & Plymouth
- 1960's - Number One Salesman for Nash Rambler
- 1960's - Member of the Chevrolet "Legion of Leaders"
- 1980's - Number One World-Wide Salesman for Jaguar, (Over 837 Jags in Three Years)
- Top Earning of $21,000 in a Single Day, (Commission, not sales)
- Founder of the First Automotive Sales Institute Accredited by the State of Georgia - Led the Board for over 47 Yearshttp://IrvingSilver.com
has had a "face-lift" and contains some excellent videos and other material...
(I turned disk 1 of the DVD set we produced in 2006 into 14 video clips that are currently on the site. *Really good sales stuff here* - Disk 2 will be up as soon as possible).
I feel EXTREMELY honored to have met and spent time with Mr. Silver and his wonderful family. His stories are simply AMAZING.
Example... ON TOP of setting world sales records, he found the time to invent and patent the "turbine operated wet/dry shaver" that he eventually sold to NASA!