Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
Are you yet using a mobile website? I'd like to know about your experience to help me pin down the value proposition.

JUST THE FACTS
The "mobile web" is exploding. According to a study by Nielsen mobile in July of 2008, 12% of web traffic comes from mobile devices in the US. There are 144 million web-enabled mobile devices in the US and 40 million people use those devices on a regular basis. All this is happening despite very few websites loading well on mobile devices.

WHY GO MOBILE?
Capture leads from Sunday shoppers. People come to the lot looking at cars on Sundays specifically so they wouldn't have to talk to anyone. How can a prospective buyer express their interest in being called on Monday about a specific car? A mobile website will capture the lead.

How can you reach buyers on a competitor's lot? Most people on a lot in your area are serious about buying a car. Further, most of those people standing on a lot in your area aren't on YOUR lot. Buying a billboard across the street from your competitor can be expensive. So how do you reach prospective buyers who are out and about looking to buy? A mobile website can help you pull those buyers to your dealership.

What can you leave in the hands of a prospective buyer who is about to walk away and look around somewhere else? A business card and...and...that's about it, right? If your inventory was on a mobile website where a prospective buyer could pull up the specific car of interest, save the page, (better yet, the sales staff could borrow the customer's phone and pull it up for them), that would be a powerful reminder.

I would welcome your feedback. What am I missing?

ABOUT OUR SOLUTION
We build mobile websites. We give you the ability to manage content, tie into an XML feed for inventory, and track useage through a strong analytic tool. We design the site to look like your brand / site.

We have built over 100 across various industries and have gotten several dealerships to agree they want our solution. Those projects have been put on hold to cut costs.

We have a great solution to help you sell more cars and started pursuing a number of dealerships last fall. Then they went and broke capitalism and threw this recession. We are pricing our solution to fit even a lean budget.

I would love to talk with anyone about our particular solution or mobility in general if you have an interest.

Views: 93

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

I am doing the mobile web at our store right now. Thus far, I have had mixed results, but that is more of a roll-out issue than anything else (my issue, not our provider).

The truth is, this is the "next big thing" that is already here!!

I find that the main issue one might face up front is how to get the message out. First, this is something that works extreamly well with tradition print media. When I add the go code and instructions on say a newspaper ad, it get some bites that turn into sales. I am also rolling this out on my traditional website and third party inventory partners. Currently, I have an eye-catching section on our Used Car Window stickers that promote this service as you can view the listing for said car while you are on the lot. We are a no Sunday sales state.. Guess what I am doing on Sunday afternoon's while other dealers are sleeping? Yup, I am texting back and/or calling.

Further, I am rolling this service out with our parts and service department. I have it set up now where you can fill out a credit ap online and soon you will be able to schedule service, order parts or recieve a text saying your car is ready, how much it is, and whom do you see when you get here. And imagine what happens when the floor pisses off a guy and he is leaving...and has the go code for a specific car? Suddenly, Tiny Malone, a voice of calm reason and assurance is there on the phone with him, getting him back inside...so I can knock his head off instead!

This technology is sorta new, but the use in our industry is very new. Also, there are some technology barriers in place due to latent cell phone technology. But trust me on this, buy every model go code that you can get (they are cheap) and be the first mover in this field.
Coming from you Tiny that says a lot. I will get with Russ this next week it is time for an upgrade. Anyone else use a mobi site?
Hi Tim, nice dialogue going on here.

I'm replying because of the comment you made about "buying every go code that you can get." For sure, the Go Code concept is interesting. Doesn't look like anyone is afraid of shameless plugs in this thread so here goes - wink. Our solution, www.pinspeed.com is a mobile marketing implementation that does not use SMS text messaging like the GO CODE. We associate PIN numbers with vehicles and put dealers inventories online in the mobile space. PIN numbers are recyled when vehicles drop-out of inventory. We also have a way for dealers to use "words" like the Go Code model to display their mobile content. We are just getting started (around 10,000 inventoried units in the system) but are excited with the early results.

To see how it works: Visit pinspeed.com with your mobile browser (or any browser really) and enter a PIN. You can use PIN 2400

Cheers
David Book
http://www.mygoaltracking.net
http://www.pinspeed.com (mobile inventory)
Try www.andersondirect.com on your mobile!
Hi Courney, I like the mobile site. FYI: An "ugly" page error displays on my iPhone when I tap click "Online Specials." You may want to ask izmo cars to look into it ;-)

Cheers
David Book
http://www.mygoaltracking.net
http://www.pinspeed.com (mobile inventory)
I have a few questions on the mobile web sites. I am trying to get one started at this time but am not sure if a .mobi extension is a must. Do you recommend using the dealershipname.mobi?
Thank you.
Angela
the .mobi extension does a few things for you.
1. If you're building it compliant, it's giving you the best chance of your site loading well on most phones.
2. If you go with dealershipname.mobi, it gives you the option down the road to promote that site. Maybe when marketing dollars free up and when mobile sites are as common as websites.

As Matt mentioned, redirect is critical. If your web company doesn't know mobile well or stay current with evolving trends, your redirect code could get stale and not recognize newer devices as they emerge. However, I can attest to a huge number of real estate sites that are "mobile" but don't redirect.

I'd love to help you further if I can.
Matt, Great point. Many providers have not caught up with Mobile device detection and redirecting to mobile ready websites. (shameless plug coming here) Dealer.com's new mobile websites will in fact detect the mobile device of the user and redirect to the appropriate mobile version of the dealership website including integrated human voice videos in inventory!
You know Mike I am a big fan of Dealer.com but I feel $299.00 a month is way to expensive for a mobile site! Dealers that are using Dealer.com now should get the moblie version for FREE? It should just be part of the Dealer.com Package. My store has two sites with Dealer.com, bobbakerchevysubaru.com and bobbaker.subaru.com. Why would I want to pay anymore money to have the addition of a mobile site, when I can use mofuse and build one for free. Yes it may not look as attractive or show the inventory but it will help to get our name out there in the mobile world. Besides I am working on getting an RSS feed put on my dealer.com inventory pages then I will be able to post my inventory on my mobile sites!

Now if you want to work something out, Mabe we can talk!!!!
Thanks Russ. I am definitly interested. And i got your message and will give you a call this afternoon. I have been urging my IT guy to buy the .mobi extensions with no luck. But this should prove that we do indeed need it.
Thank you!
Mobile Sites? This is a topic I would like to touch on, and get feed back on, I have been playing around with Mofuse and I might say this is pretty freakin cool. You can take a blog or website that has an RSS feed and within a few minutes have a mobile site of your blog. Yeah the look is not a big "WOW" factor, but it gets you out there in mobile land for free! If you have a WordPress blog and you are hosting it yourself, Mofuse has a plug-in, that when you type in your URL from any mobile, it will automatically convert it to mobile viewing. Example: SubaruImprezaDeal.com Look at this link from your pc, then type it into your mobile browser and you will see what I am talking about.

I also created one with my SubaruInformation.blogspot.com blog within 10 minutes, I bought SubaruInformation.mobi, hosted it on my server and just redirected it the the Mofuse URL for advertising purposes.

The one thing I noticed is that from my Storm Sometimes the images will not show up and sometimes they will, probably a browser isssue. Let me know what you think and I hope this will help you all launch some mobile sites!
Using Google Reader To Create A Mobile Site!

You blog design may be perfectly optimized for the desktop screen but there are lot of people out there who frequently check your website for new content using their mobile phones.

They are not interested in the sidebars, navigation areas and other design elements - all they want to see is a simple listing of your blog posts in reverse chronological order. If they like to read a post, they can click the title and a mobile friendly version of that page should open on the screen of their cell phone.

You may not be a geek or may have the time to create a mobile edition of your blog so here are two simple hacks to help you out - your blog content won’t just look extremely readable on a mobile phone screen, it will also load very fast.

1. Google Reader - The Ten Second Solution

Google Reader can generate an excellent mobile view of your RSS feed without any effort. Just append your feed address to the following URL and your mobile blog is ready.

And here’s a live example - use your mobile phone to see the awesome page rendering
http://sandiegochevy.blogs">http://sandiegochevy.blogs

You can also buy a URL Like I did for this Example just point your new url to your above Link URL!!

SanDiegoChevy.mobi (correction this is pointed to my mofuse account)

Call this link "Mobile Site" and place it somewhere at the top of your blog design so mobile phone users will notice it instantly and switch to the mobile view.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

ADM Events

October 2019
SMTWTFS

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. Electric Vehicle is the Future

Posted by Dwayne Jhonson on August 29, 2019

2. Email marketing

Posted by Andrew Qrueed on August 26, 2019

4. 5 Ideas for car dealers FB page

Posted by Kevin Lewis on August 6, 2019

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service