Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

Ken`s at it again! -lol!

Are YOU ready for the next Big Digital Marketing Wave???

You know I rarely do I submit much on this site other than a couple of videos & maybe an idea or two.......

But! Let me ask you something??? Are you ready for the next HUGE Digital Marketing Strategy for 2010??? Trust me on this one,..... I predict the usability of this function will easily overshadow any Social Media endeavors that you may be currently employing and quite frankly, will have an enormous impact on your marketing strategies for 2010!

Now I`m not saying bail out of `ol Facebook(you want to keep your name out there), but expend more of your energy in Mobile Marketing!!!!!!

**Here`s a couple of Mobile Sites that I created last week for our stores;

douglasvw.mobi and douglasinfiniti.mobi

** Let`s face it, not everyone has access to a desktop or for that matter, even a laptop all of the time..... right? But! Everyone has a phone!!!!

*We want our customers to be able to reach out to us anywhere & anytime at Douglas. It`s all about accessibility & convenience.

*This is an enormous, untapped segment from a marketing perspective!

** While you may never sell a car from Facebook my friends, YOU WILL SELL & SERVICE MANY CARS FROM YOUR MOBILE SITE!!!!!!

Sooooooooooooooooo...... are you mobile yet?  Go mobile & get in it to win it in 2010!

Ken-

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

I liked the local weather report at the bottom of your Mobi site...
Ken,

I think that the real feature/benefit that you left out in your post on the value of mobile marketing - as always - is you! Unfortunately most auto dealers don't have "Ken" to point them in the right direction or to build the mobile sized platfom that will fit the customer on the move that you have so wisely targeted. I should mention that if/when you decide to put "Ken" on the market I would be proud to represent him to my dealer clients and affiliated automotive advertising agencies. After all, what are friends for!

Fortunately, for the "Non-Ken" dealers, the mobile movement to SMS messaging and PDA friendly online marketing that customers have selected as their communication method of choice -- can you say TWITTER -- has been proven for years. Vendors like Gumiyo with their marketing platform that converts all posted inventory to mobile sized messages and videos linked with their "Go Codes" -- more universally known as "short codes" -- that source the media where the customer found the PDA link is the ultimate R.O.I. analytic tool as well as the contact method of choice for a growing market segment. DealerSpecialties has also just announced their mobile marketing application with enhanced R.O.I. analytics, a must have for today's budget challenged auto dealers. Obviously these universal platforms don't have the unique design and personality that you have developed for your store but they do offer cost effective platforms to get in the game.

Another extended feature benefit realized in the evolving mobile channel is with internal marketing opportunites that can use mobile messaging to maximize customer contacts in sales and service. It isn't limited to direct sales marketing messages since it also facilitates "upsell" oppportunities and efficiencies in fixed operations as well. TeletextSolutions, for example, has an SMS/email marketing platform that links a service writer to his customers' PDA to accomodate ongoing contact while their car is in service and they are out shopping or at work. Instant communications requesting approval for work maximizes the hours per R.O. and R.O. count for service writers and mechanics by expediting customer communications with a management dashboard that tracks use and communications to maximize R.O.I.. Their sales application offers a unique - and mandatory - "opt-in" feature that allows direct marketing to an auto dealer's data base with special offers and incentives. Internal marketing has a new priority in our consolidating auto industry and mobile marketing has become a necessity vs. an option as your observations have confirmed.

Obviously you are preaching to the choir about your post on on mobile websites and marketing but I would like to add is that it is not a tomorrow opportunity - it is today's - and it is not limited to broadcasting to strangers. After all, what are friends - and present customers in sales and service - for!

Just to keep the mobile channel door open even further in this post, I should also reference other PDA based solutions - such as the iPhone application offered by ronsmap - that allow a customer to take their camera equipped iPhone to their potential trade-in to take pictures along with a scan of their vin code to seamlessly post their vehicle for sale on http://ronsmap.com without ever touching their computer. Conveniences and expectations by consumers about the use of their PDA's are growing exponentially and those dealers that don't speak the mobile language will be left out of the conversation! Frankly, they will likely be the same dealers that still don't "get" the Internet and they probably aren't following ADM or appreciating the contributions made by guys like you -- so -- NEVER MIND!
Hey Phil,

First off, thanks for the nice words..... I certainly appreciate it.

Glad you liked my mobile sites too...... and really appreciate you sharing your thoughts & insight on this very hot topic.

Now as for putting "Ken" on the market....lol........ geez..... I don`t know Phil,....... the guy really doesn`t do well in a control environment!!!! -lol.....

* I don`t know....... he likes jumpin` off cars & stuff.........lol!

* Think you could do anything with a guy like this?? Besides put him in a cage!! ~ lol
Ken,

You just described why you are an asset. Creative individual thought with an entrepreneurial spirit and "out of the box" visions are the fuel of the Internet revolution! When you channel those energies into a business model with a structured monetization plan you wind up with a game changer in the auto industry which is what is needed to take on the challenges that our "tranformation of America" will require to survive.

Any way, I don't want or need to change you as I like you the way that you are and I appreciate your shared insights on ADM; it is just that I like having rich friends!
Hi Phil,

Thank you for the nice compliments......

I really appreciate your insight....... really.

I`ve got a lot more really cool tricks up my sleeve that I`ll be introducing for 2010 too!

I`ll glady share my thoughts/ideas with everyone on ADM.

After all, what are friends for??? (I`ve been waiting to do that Phil!!! -lol!!!)

Ken-
Hi Ken,
I applaud your innovation and drive to get out there on the leading edge. Can you share with us a few specifics and results?
- How long have your mobile sites been up?
- How do people hear about them?
- What kind of traffic are you getting?
- What are the top 3 functions customers are using on your site?
- Any other results or insights you can share?
Thanks, in advance, for sharing with us!
Jim Hughes
Hey Jim,

Thank you for the nice words..... I`m definitely do not sit back & wait for things to happen........ I like to make it happen to the best of my ability. I`m constantly creating & developing my innovations i.e. videos, websites & now mobile sites.

Your questions;
- How long have your mobile sites been up?

About 3 weeks now

- How do people hear about them?

I created Flash Banners on the Homepages on our site. Also have incorporated the Mobi address in our EBlasts. Now our Service & Parts Departments will have signs advertising the mobile site.

- What kind of traffic are you getting?

It`s really new obviously but we`re getting quite a few Service Appt/Parts requests & starting to get inquiries for Quotes.

- What are the top 3 functions customers are using on your site?

Seems like Parts/Service Get a Quote at this time

- Any other results or insights you can share?

*As I said, I predict the Mobile aspect of Digital Marketing will be the biggest/Hottest venture that dealers will want to get involved in 2010!

** THIS IS GOING TO BE ENORMOUS!

** I`m there...... Are you???? (just had to do that!-lol!...)

Ken-
It's not exactly the same thing your talking about but Wordpress has a pretty killer plug-in to make a mobile version of your blog. Its called WpTouch iPhone theme. I hate to use my blog as an example but check it out on your mobile, it works on most. PersuasiveConcepts.com

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

ADM Events

October 2019
SMTWTFS

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. Electric Vehicle is the Future

Posted by Dwayne Jhonson on August 29, 2019

2. Email marketing

Posted by Andrew Qrueed on August 26, 2019

4. 5 Ideas for car dealers FB page

Posted by Kevin Lewis on August 6, 2019

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service