Professional Community for Automotive Marketers, Car Dealers, OEM and Suppliers
Name and city and state of marketer
Ford Canada - Auto Show
Jan. 15 - April 4
Common short code and keywords used
Text the keyword FORD to short code 123411
Ford Motor Co. of Canada was a sponsor at the 2010 Canadian International Auto Show in six major centers across Canada.
It needed a campaign that would work nationally and would allow for its brand to interact with the attendees in a way that was engaging and would differentiate it from the competing motor companies participating.
Additional goals included:
• Offering a utility through all mobile devices and encouraging its use
• Building a mobile and email opt-in database for future marketing campaigns, with the potential to drive ROI
• Determining customer communication preferences to enable more effective and targeted remarketing.
• Survey the audience about products and services offered by Ford
A call to action was displayed at the Ford’s Auto Show booth in six cities across Canada.
The audience initially engaged with the brand through SMS by sending a text message to a short code.
A text message was then sent back to the users asking them to fill
out a short survey through mobile Web or have it sent to their email address.
The text message served as a gateway to navigate users to the mobile Web or email.
A total of three mobile communication channels were supported: SMS, mobile Web and email.
French and English participation needed to be supported.
The mobile call to action was displayed on print banner ads at Ford’s Auto Show booth as well as on interactive kiosks and displays.
Call to action
“Take our survey and you could win $5000 in gas. Text FORD to 123411 for a chance to win!”
• 64 percent of participants chose to complete the survey
• 45 percent of participants chose to complete the survey by email
• 19 percent of participants chose to complete the survey on mobile Web
• 18 percent of participants opted in to receive future promotions from Ford
Ford was able to build a database for future use and identify customers who preferred to interact with the brand via mobile web as well as those who preferred email communications from Ford Canada.
Automotive brands have been using SMS to increase traffic and Sales through special offers. SMS is also being used to enhance multichannel campaign efforts and increase customer loyalty.
64% of those responded to the call to action,
Mobile is sweeping our nation! Thank you for looking