Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

Has anyone had any positive results using a Live Chat product or know of a dealership that it using it and getting any sort of positive results? In my mind, I don't see it as an effective selling tool - anything that discourages or keeps a person from calling my business is not somethig I would be interested in - but hey, maybe I'm missing something. I would appreciate the communities insight 

Tags: Chat, Live

Views: 88

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

The reality is that there are many customers who want to buy cars from us and would do so if they never had to talk to anyone. Many customers dread talking to salespeople so giving them a way to actively engage (hint, hint) while still being able to control the engagement is appealing to many people. Obviously, email is an option for these customers but live chat gives them the instant gratification and information that they are looking for. Live chat is so relatively inexpensive that it is definitely worth exploring.
Live Chat seems like an excellent idea on the Dealership level as long as there's somebody consistently and reliably available possessing skill, speed, and the ability to connect. The automated response content needs to be set up well to optimize resources (i.e. not having to type the same thing over and over when it could be inserted into chat with the click of a button); plus a standard operating procedure needs to be in place to ensure great service.
Thats what I see as the problem for most dealerships. That don't staff this 24/7 and there isn't usually anybody dedicated to responding. What good is it if no one is there to answer questions?
I am the Internet Sales Manager for a GM store in Southeast Texas. We use Client Conexion for a live chat option, and the results have been way better than I expected. We have dramatically increased our conversion rates as well as gross per copy on chat customers. I am now a firm beleiver in chat. The only down side is you have got to have people on board. If you are trying to do it by yourself then IT WILL NOT WORK. I am speaking from experience there. Call me if you have any other questions. 409-550-5428

- Jason
I have one of our sales agents pushing us to offer a Live Chat solution and I'm not exactly sure I want to do this. We are an outsourced BDC companay and providing BDC agents for follow up, handling incoming inquiries is our speciality - so I guess offering a "live body" or two 24/7 to respond to chat inquiries wouldn't be out of the question... just wasn't sure if this is something I want to recommend to a dealerships seeking a competitive edge. Glad to see you are obtaining some positive results.
If anyone would be interested in our 2 month case study with Car Chat 24 please feel free to contact me. ryan@carchat24.ca . We are taking 5 dealers and currently have 2 confirmed.

Details Here

Requirements:

1.Must have at least a 10% documented closing average on the leads received currently from your website, and use a CRM to track results.
2.Minimum of 3000 unique visitors monthly.
3.Use all features of our service including instant text alert to cell.
4.Provide and post current lead conversion percentages for the last two months. (June, July)
5.After service starts post leads/sales weekly/monthly on the forum, with a monthly update showing previous lead conversion, and total lead conversion with CarChat24, as well as any sales that were a direct result of our service.
6.Post your honest opinion of the service and any data that can be used in our case study, as well as any suggestions. Agree to allow us to use the data obtained to be published in our case study.

**The first five dealers to respond that meet the above conditions, and are willing to share their data with the forum will receive our service absolutely free for two months.

This Case Study will not only be used for our publication, but also be used to educate dealers on the benefits of using a 24/7 fully staffed automotive live chat service on their website. We ask that whoever volunteers will be active on this thread and communicate regularly for the full two month period.

Ryan Thompson
ryan@carchat24.ca
Don, our dealers are finding Managed Chat converts at a much higher rate than website leads, and does not take away from Phone or eMail. It's a different type of customer - one that is further along in the buying cycle and wants answers while keeping some level of anonymity. Our dealers love it, and they are simply selling more cars because of it. These days it's hard to find a legitimate company who's website doesn't offer some level of Live support / chat. Try it out. Good luck!
The thing that has surprised me most about chat is the amount of information you will get from a customer during the process. If you ask for their information with valid reason why you need it they will offer up names, phone numbers and email addresses. We have had good luck getting credit apps out of customers through chat.
In my experience, live chat is (Can be) very effective. It does however take some skill on the part of the dealership chat person. But what I have found is that strangely, chat allows you to comfortably establish a dialogue with the prospect. Once that happens getting their name and number is quite easy. I would definitely recommend it. Lastly, if you are going to implement Live chat on your site(s) you need to make sure that someone is always there to answer when a chat is initiated.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. Electric Vehicle is the Future

Posted by Dwayne Jhonson on August 29, 2019

2. Email marketing

Posted by Andrew Qrueed on August 26, 2019

4. 5 Ideas for car dealers FB page

Posted by Kevin Lewis on August 6, 2019

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service