Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
I know listings do not tend to get as many views without photos but would it be better to list your inventory regardless? It takes 1-2 weeks to get cars out of the shop and lot ready so we are thinking we should get them on the net right away instead of waiting. What we will do however is get them cleaned first, have our photo company take pics and then send them to the shop. This way we will have photos within a couple days. Anyone have stats?

Tags: photos

Views: 80

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

I don't have specific stats anymore..used too..but since my role change from ISM to Internet Marketing Co-ordinator they have been boxed away. I can tell you that I did juts what you were saying. Worked hard to get vehicles photographed in back, cleaned, so that we had something on-line for Customers to view. The reason was just looking at the click rates there was a huge difference in the number of views that the vehicles with multiple photos recieved than those without. Consumers want more and more and more now a days..including video! So if they see a few cars they like, but ours does not have photos, they will usually skip right by. Why look at a stock photo of a Pre-owned, when XYZ Dealer has 16 photos of the same vehicle. The stats provided in our auto base back end tool was enough to convince me to push photos faster. Even if the vehicle is the perfect vehicle...they won't know, so won't look. It's a practice I have been pushing the ISM's at both the stores I overlook to continue.

I think you are doing it right. It showed dramatic differences between photos and no-photos in the statistics I followed. So i would say keep it up. As long as you are taking clean photos. I have seen some where they don't even bother to wash the vehicle, looks horrible, and there are service tags in the windows. They in my opinion didn't take the time to make the vehicle at least look it's best and I am sure that they payed for it for a while anyway.
Thanks David. I know we need to have the photos and we will. I guess it can't hurt though to add the cars that do not have photos. Someone may be looking for that exact car.
Won't hurt, your right there!
I have tried this, and it works for me. I list all of my inventory that I have in my DMS. Here is my thoughts... if I pay 5k for Auto Trader, 3k for Cars.com, and xk for all of my other lead providers, then why wouldn't I get the best bang for my buck. I've been doing it this way for a over a year. I sell several cars each month before the pics get taken. Sometimes when I buy 15-20 cars out at the auction, I'll keep my porter here late the night they come in, washing them off, taking the stickers off, and greasing up the tires. Then I shoot pics the next morning, then send to the shop. After it comes out of the shop, i do a Full Detail. The guy I have take my pics is trained well enough to skip a pic of something that needs to be detailed. If it takes 2 weeks to get a car through your shop, you might need more help. I know some take longer than others, but if you stay on it every single day, you'll be surprised how much faster they start coming out. I cut my re-con time in half.
Thanks David. I appreciate the feedback.
I went to an Ebay training session and they told me that on Ebay a car with 40+ pictures vs. 15 pictures has hundreds of percent better chance of selling. I took this to mean that almost anywhere online the more pictures you have the better as long as they are good photos. I take around 50+ for a car and 65-70+ for SUVs depending on trim level. I highly recommend stepping up picture taking as it has set us apart from our competition. I agree with you all, the earlier the better too. We use V-Auto to manage our pricing and when you start lowering the price of vehicles after 30 days and you waste 12 days getting them through the shop and detail before pictures we were cutting the best time to make a sale for us almost in half. I take pride in the pictures I take. Everyone. I just try to keep in my head to get better at them every time I take them. I've looked at how all the professionals do it and blended techniques to hopefully come out with the best results. If anybody wants to see the pictures I take (and give some advice or comment in anyway [i love feedback on them]) just check it out here http://worlddealer.homenetinc.com/thomashonda/details2.asp?path-tak... click to enlarge the photo and it will give let you scroll through them. I'm trying to teach other people to take the same photos but you've really got to have a love for getting the customer emotionally involved through stills.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service