Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
I am considering changing from the ADP CRM system which will not do what I need AT ALL for my Internet department needs and has terrible email suport and functionality. However, I do need a system that will support the showroom, BDC and Service follow-up any recommendations. I am currently without a true ADP rep. and the one have had could not answer my concerns... I am worried about losing my data... But I can't wait any longer on them to get it together. I really thing it could be costing the dealership.

Views: 863

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Mike - While I agree with some of you points, I truly can not believe that ADP CRM is even close to some of the companies I have had over 4 years ago and I have done demos with currently. It does have some features for showroom and intergrate service follow-up into the sales side of the dealership that I like. But I will email you the rest of my comments...
The rest of my post ....

But overall, especially when it comes to using email to follow-up with your customers it is not very good. The few additions that have been proposed to me such as desking and the invalid lead reporting feature - that would be helpful have all been offered at additional costs per month. The 4.4 upgrade as far as I can tell really wasn't more than a facelift.

The costs you name is essentially why I have suck with ADP without say much but, after the upgrade that basically didn't help my Internet department at all. I must say that moving on seems to be much easier. I know it will not be fun I personally hate the idea of it. But not as much as the double work (such as reporting - no drill downs to actaul customers) and in my case a complete lack or representation or salesmanship.
Finney - Has anyone contacted you from the ADP webCRM team? I must have 10 emails in my inbox from multiple people after I stirred up a hornet's nest sending in your info and asking for someone to take action in resolving your issues, and to offer the NetTrack tool... But has anyone contacted you yet? It makes me suspicious when there is so much internal chatter, which I have learned is sometimes a signal that nobody has contacted the client... Make my day and at least tell me someone called and left you a message, email, a box of chocolates or something!
Sorry, I actually sent my email to my "temporary" rep myself yesterday. He did call me back and he is supposed to visit me on Thursday but unless I am missing something no one else has contacted me.
Our area is currently without a sales representative ... for the second time in the last few years. So we will see I haven't met this person from ADP yet.
Thanks again for your help.
My recommendation is to make sure that you interview many CRM/ILM providers.

We looked at iMagic, Vinsolutions, izmocars, Dealersocket, higher gear, AVV and more.

We looked hard at all vendors - and then narrowed our selection down to three main vendors. For those 3 vendors - we put together a multi-page RFP (request for proposal) focusing on our specific needs. We felt at the end that the right fit for our group of stores was dealersocket. Some of the vendors took this RFP seriously - others did not.

I agree with Ralph that no CRM is without its flaws. Our experience with Dealersocket, while not flawless, has been very positive. When we have an issue - they do work to resolve it. With our last CRM vendor (which I will not name) - it was difficult to get problems resolved in a quick fashion.

Really what it comes down to is select the CRM vendor that is the best fit for you and your store. Every CRM has their magic abilities - and shortcomings. For me - the biggest key is service. Find a vendor that buys into your vision and dealership - and is willing to work hard to help you achieve your goals - and you have struck gold!
It works in every direction, but I wholeheartedly agree with Richard - shop around and do it systematically.

Set up a meeting with managers and other relevant employees who will be using the system. Go through the features and benefits that each offer and take notes. Once you have a list of desired features and functionality, stack rank them in order of importance and either score each CRM based upon what they can do with each function or simply give a thumbs up/down for each vendor regarding each feature.

Once you have a visual depiction that everyone can see, add price to the equation. At that point, making the decision should be much easier.

Nobody's perfect. What works well for one dealership might not even be used at another. Make sure that the vendor you select meets your dealership's needs the best for the best value and you should be able to pick out a winner efficiently.

Perhaps more importantly, you'll get buy-in from the people who will be using it. Sometimes, a system fails because it wasn't properly approached. Users can make a CRM fail as quickly as the CRM's own shortcomings.
JD - Well said... I think that having key managers buy into the selection process is as important as the software itself.
Hi Finney,

It is never fun to switch CRM solutions, but I can tell you from experience that once you find a solution that meets your needs your days will go so much smoother. I have been exactly where you are with ADP and although I am unaware of their current product it does not appear to be meeting your needs and that is the most important thing to remember.

There are many CRM solutions out there and several people have suggested that you review each of them and find the solution that best meets your needs. It is kind of like helping a customer find the vehicle that best fits their needs and wants. I agree with one individuals comment that there is no perfect software solution and problems will arise. Just like in your dealership the question is not whether problems will arise, but how the company responds.

We found five years ago that DealerSocket was the best product for us. It finally brought our retail floor, BDC and Internet departments together in one tool and that was the start to really growing our dealership and processes. Our Internet department has been very successful using DealerSocket to manage their leads and process.

Take your time and review each solution and find the system that best fits your needs and wants and then find a company that will be there to support your dealership going forward.
Thanks everyone for your replies. I have been working on a game plan and getting an idea on a list of questions to ask. After sharing my thoughts about a possible move with my Owner, he told me to do what I need but he now wants to go ahead and put our 2 sisters stores onto the same system. This way we can get more help for them from our BDC. So now my issue will be I need a system that will work with both ADP DMS and Reynolds.... I am sure most of the products will work.
I have set up some demos for next week so I hope to get started on this very soon. It will be a big decision and I am trying to get "something" for each department so that I can get better participation than we currently have.

Thanks again... Keep sending me some good stuff.
Hi Finney,

Great discussion you've started! One thing I would add to keep in mind while you conduct your search, not all CRM vendors are ADP and Reynolds certified. DealerSocket is certified by both. In fact, as far as I know, we are the ONLY CRM vendor that is integrated and certified with ADP Web Desking, Service, Sales and Inventory. All others would be a "hostile" integration which could cause problems. If you have specific questions, I'd be happy to get answers.

Regards,
Shellie Pierce
spierce@dealersocket.com
www.dealersocket.com
866-860-2687
Glad to see you here, Shellie!
We're working well with DealerSocket (great behind the scenes team there) to get all our t's crossed and i's dotted before our install next week! Whoo hoo! I am excited and still glad to be with DealerSocket's solution even with the snag I just ran into on Friday during final touches on set up information.

Here's my snag I ran into, and I'm sharing this because this is something a dealer needs to be aware of, and it was represented to me differently during the demo.
If the inet team is set up to respond to leads from a blackberry- the record of the response will not be logged in DealerSocket until the rep manually logs in and adds a note and updates the lead/prospects status.
AVV/Webcontrol has this ability- it's called "pager response" and as long as the response is sent to the email address Webcontrol delivered (they assign customer numbers to the records), you can respond from the blackberry, iphone, Outlook, Yahoo, MSN, whatever and you can see the correspondence as if it occurred in Webcontrol, yet the title of the action on the log is "Pager Response". This helps with managing the responses and knowing who's really working for the customers' we have contacting us. Also a "Pager Response" would trigger the next process step for a brand new lead- thus the response time would be accurate.

To my knowledge- this is a one day programmer fix and it will entail a DealerSocket programmer taking the time to figure out the code and then updating the current DealerSocket program- would only take a day to have this function. In my opinion- if a less expensive ILM/very basic CRM offers this, one as advanced as DealerSocket should be as well...
Thank you, Matt! The timeframe I gave is inexperienced third-party info- I believe the what the main man at VinSolutions says the timeframe to fix the customer contact history...

I'm now looking for assistance from other dealers that are using DealerSocket to share their process of managing their response times and customer contact history, as I've no experience with not having this ability built into the vendors software.

I've no problem working around the limitation while it gets figured out and implemented as this is one con to all the pro's that we are about to get...when you go from not having an ILM/CRM at all to getting one....you'll take a few set backs to just have the main objective- everyone on the same system! I still hope it changes quickly...lol...

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

William B. Terry
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

SaveSave

ADM Professional Services
Phone Consultation
Topic or Issue:

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. BDC or Virtual BDC

Posted by Peter Stratton on February 26, 2020

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2020   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service