Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

As the importance of online reviews becomes part of basic dealership operations, a number of companies have come to marketing with IRM tools and strategies.  Dealerskins, Cobalt, and Dealer.com have all launched impressive tools and strategies to increase online reviews and to syndicate customer reviews on blogs.  

If you haven't seen these new tools, check them out in Vegas at the upcoming conferences.

One IRM model includes sending emails out to consumers asking for a review.  Based on their response to the email and if they respond with a positive review, a second screen prompts them to cut-and-paste their review to a third party site.  Some consumers are responding and posting.

In addition to emails, some dealers are making thank you calls and asking/reminding customers to post a review.  This also has mixed results.

So, is anyone hearing that their customers are getting agitated when the OEM CSI survey call is made to the customer?  Are consumers already saying that they gave a review and ending the call without completing a survey?  

I would like to hear from the field on this topic.  I heard one dealer tell me that the OEM has prohibited them from asking for a satisfaction survey inside the store!

The more I dig into customer review processes, I'm convinced that the majority of effort should be in the store when everyone is hugging and kissing.  

This eliminates extra calls and emails and will not be confused with an OEM CSI follow-up process (call or email).  It is also a better use of your staff's time.

What do you have to say?

Tags: google, irm, management, reputation, reviews

Views: 187

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Brain....I believe the customer is OVER SURVEYED by everyone! The Dealer, the OEM, JD Powers and the like.....

The real testament to a Dealers success in pleasing their customers is measured by "retention"!

"Survey Integrity Policies" that are published by the OEM's make little sense!

I agree that when everyone is "hugging and kissing" at delivery time, it is the best time to "set the stage" for asking the customer to give you a positive on-line review and a positive OEM survey.

A dealers follow-up phone calls should be about what the Dealer can do for the customer and NOT about what the customer should do or say when the OEM survey arrives.

The entire CSI survey process needs to be examined and changed by the OEM's! 

Jim

Thank you for the feedback.  There are many ways to get a review in the store today that dealers should leveraging and your points given even more reason why this should be considered.

Brian, I love this subject.  I learned long ago that to get a good CSI score, I only had to ask for it.  Now, I believe reviews are CSI on steroids.  I would rather have my sales staff ask for good reviews than CSI (my OEM may not agree). I also think that asking for such things depends on the "true" satisfaction of the customer.  You have to look for "indicators" from the customer as to how comfortable they are with such things and yield to them. 

The online review is king! OEM CSI is not going to give us the retention we as a dealer work very hard for. For the last two years we have worked very hard to survey our customers both sales and service in house. We use that time to request a online review. Our feedback is terrific and our customers as always have been "Completely Satisfied".

However since we have implemented this process we have seen a huge hit in our OEM CSI score. Prior to our in house survey and online reviews we were always a top contender in our region for CSI. So yes, it's more than apparent to us that our customers are over surveyed and the OEM CSI needs to go away. 

Bingo!  Curtis, the OEM CSI score is for the manufacturer to judge the dealer.  The online review is for consumers to judge the dealer.  Who is more important to dealer sales?  I understand it's important to keep the OEM happy. But... would the manufacturer hate a dealer who sells a lot of cars and gets wonderful reviews from consumers? I sure hope not (but I don't guaranty this... hmmm not at all).

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service