Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community

ADM serves Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing Pros and Internet Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

What are the key measurement criteria that you use to guide your focus in the dealership's Internet Sales operations? I am attaching numerous spreadsheets and reports that show some examples of what i have tracked in the past, but would love to get both input and feedback on new items as well as the spreadsheet templates I have uploaded to this forum...

I have removed the Courtesy Chevrolet examples at the store's request and added in a few templated spreadsheets as both tools and discussion starters.

Tags: Department, Internet, Metrics, Sales, digital, marketing, paglia, ralph, reports

Views: 821

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Having looked through your templates ... I think there is alot of good information on there. I may even steal some ideas. But so far, none of the CRMS can accurately get me the answers I'm looking for without an individual entering information manually. Now, it is with a vigilant Internet Manager with a watchful eye who pays attention to the details to only input verifiable, accurate numbers... that these will be accurate themselves.

These are easy to use daily ones I concocted that read easy for DPs and GMs, that keep the maintanance to a minimal daily routine. I just don't understand how people can "measure" that their department is doing well as a manager/director without having easy access to these numbers. I hope these help someone!

Attachments:

Subi, thank you for sharing some of your daily tools with the ADM Community... In regards to your comment about CRM tools and there preset reporting systems, over the years I have become accustomed to and prefer to use the data provided by CRM tools when they allow the user in a dealership to export them into a Excel spreadsheet.  From there, I can uses formula, conditional formatting and sorting to create the analysis and management information that is most relevant to that specific dealership.  Plus, there seems to be value from manually working with the data output from CRM applications in that the process always results in the management insights that I find more reliable than standardized reports that are a CRM tool's output. 

In the past I thought that perhaps I was being too old school or not putting enough pressure on the CRM app teams to give me exactly what i want for each dealership, until I read an article in the Harvard Business Review which extolled the virtues of data analysis via manually manipulated Excel spreadsheets.  In my opinion, Microsoft Excel is one of the most underestimated and undervalued software tools relative to what it can be used for, ever developed.

I 100% agree! I am a believer that nothing works as well as manual entry into excell. I go a bit further though. I keep team Google Drive Accounts so that the excel sheets are live and accurate. I can see who last edited, what the changes are and if they are actively working on it.

But I use the CRM information and put it into a format that works for me and my team... I agree that it is the best way to make the CRM work for you. If you just edit their reports or try to get them to change it... you still may not feel it is the way you want. And 15-20 minutes a day could solve all of those and you can get super accurate results keeping duplicates out and setting in-house standards for your team. For example: Our leads are considered fresh for 6 months (without correspondence) after which any new leads that customer sends in becomes a new lead gain for the purposes of our statistics. But in that time period, if they send in 199 leads, it only counts as 1 active lead.

RSS

Social Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Sales Management Professionals sharing Internet strategies and tactics

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

ADM Events

April 2014
SMTWTFS

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service