Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

You’re 10, 11, 12 years old and you’re at a family get together. Aunt Mary walks over to you pinches your cheek and remarks on how big you’ve gotten, how’s school etc. and then asks the question “So [insert your name here] what do you want to be when you grow up?” Show of hands now and be honest, how many of you answered “Aunt Mary I want to be a Car Salesperson!”

My father was in the car business my entire life and owned a small Plymouth store in the late 60’s and 70’s and selling cars was the very last career choice on my mind. I wanted to be the lead singer in a rock band, closer for the Cleveland Indians, or a teacher. Car salesman….no I don’t think so, thanks anyway Dad, 38 years later and well, here I am in our wonderful business and honored to be in it.

My point here is that selling cars is very few peoples first career choice, usually it’s “If I can’t find anything else, I guess I could always give selling cars a try”

What needs to change within our industry to make this a more appealing choice ?

Tags: http://www.automaxrecruitingandtraining.com/

Views: 51

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Very simply put, DO THE RIGHT THING!  If you always do right you can never do wrong.  You can not control the reputation of the entire auto industry nor can you control the actions of other salespeople.  But what you can do is make sure that everything you do is honest, ethical and genuine.  It all starts with YOU!

Agree 100% son!

A young girl was walking along a beach upon which thousands of starfish had been washed up during a terrible storm. When she came to each starfish, she would pick it up, and throw it back into the ocean. People watched her with amusement.

She had been doing this for some time when a man approached her and said, “Little girl, why are you doing this? Look at this beach! You can’t save all these starfish. You can’t begin to make a difference!”

The girl seemed crushed, suddenly deflated. But after a few moments, she bent down, picked up another starfish, and hurled it as far as she could into the ocean. Then she looked up at the man and replied,

“Well, I made a difference to that one!”

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting & Coaching
Select the maximum amount you want to pay each month
$ USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top 5 Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions - 30 Days

4. Dealership Website SEO

Posted by Kim Essenmacher on February 15, 2014

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service