Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

Hello Everyone,

Currently when you pull up a search on Google for my dealership you will see a set amount of reviews. Currently we have 219. However, when you click and open the Google Places page it now displays 257 Reviews.

I did a few other searches and started noticing that this is happening to all types of business. What are your thoughts and are you noticing anything different with your Google Reviews and Place page?

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Hi Mario,

Read this post on ADM about some changes at Google regarding reviews -- it may help you understand the changing rules of the road!

http://www.automotivedigitalmarketing.com/forum/topics/is-google-go...

Hello Philip,

Thank you for sharing that article with me. It does help me understand what Google's future plans are and cleared that up for me.

Hey, what are friends -- and ADM -- for! 

If you are planning on attending the 2011 NADA Convention in San Francisco you may want to join Ralph Paglia - our host on ADM -- and several of our ADM friends at our Ad Agency Online Pre-Convention Networking Party on Friday evening, Feb. 4th from 5PM to 7PM at The Ritz Carlton Hotel Lobby Lounge.  It is a great opportunity to listen and learn about the changing World Wide Web so we all can presume to continue to teach!  Hope to see you there!

I will be attending the 2011 NADA Convention and will also be at the Automotive SEO Conference with Brian. That sounds like a great opportunity and will do my best to make it!
Excellent!  Plus, we will be heading directly from our party to Brian's PCG Wine Tasting party from 6PM to 10PM at Le Charm Restaurant so let's make an evening of it!  See you at NADA!

Google Places is still shuffling reviews.  For example, PrestoReviews.com is now being added on Google Places which is great news for dealers on this platform.  I think part of the dilemma that Google Places has is how to be democratic.  With everyone getting into the reviews game, like Cars.com and Autotrader.com, just how much real estate will each site be given and should Google Maps show all the reviews. 

I think that's an internal battle because of course Google would like more people using Hotpot to post reviews.  In fact, the Google Places app has just been released.

This will make it easier for car dealers to get their customers to place a review on Google Places from WITHIN THE STORE, on their own 3G device.

This is a big opportunity to increase Google Places reviews, especially for customers who already have Google accounts.

Mario

Your post encouraged me to write a related article on Google Places here on ADM.  http://www.automotivedigitalmarketing.com/profiles/blogs/increase-r...

Hey Mario, I just wrote a blog about how Google is selecting its SERP reviews that's in live with what Phillip linked you. You might find it interesting, you can read it here: http://www.chatmeter.com/blog

Hello Isaac,

That was a great article. Thanks for sharing!

Mario Jr.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service