Professional Community for Automotive Marketers, Car Dealers, OEM and Suppliers
Think search ads aren’t necessary when organic presence is high? Think again. Google observed what happened to organic clicks when paid search ads were paused in over 400 accounts across four countries. Using a statistical model to estimate the incremental clicks attributable to search ads for each advertiser, we found:
Absolutely great. This is the kind of stuff that keeps me coming back to ADM again and again. The .PDF is overly complex for most of us, but that's the point! I have heard this argument so many times that "I don't need PPC, because I already have excellent SEO". Now, I can respond by providing this report that so effectively disputes this CW (conventional wisdom) that PPC is mostly waisted spending - as only 11% of it is waisted, the other 89% is incremental traffic you would otherwise not have!
The never ending question: Where do I spend my ad budget? Cognizant dealers know the benefits of PPC and Sponsored links. They also know that they get to co-op the ad spends that the OEMs and other companies use. As with most things the right approach is to maximize both organic SEO and SEM. However, if your Organic SEO includes a robust, targeted and comprehensive VSEO program you will be rewarded with "First-Click-Impulse" video thumbnails as shown in the screengrab below. AFAIK Gunn does not purchase Ford ad words and they do not have a Ford franchise. Obviously the first sponsored link is also not a Ford store either.