Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

Google Search Ads Pause Study

Think search ads aren’t necessary when organic presence is high? Think again. Google observed what happened to organic clicks when paid search ads were paused in over 400 accounts across four countries. Using a statistical model to estimate the incremental clicks attributable to search ads for each advertiser, we found:

• On average, 89% of paid traffic to an advertiser’s site is lost and not recovered by organic clicks

DOWNLOAD THE PDF FILE OF THE GOOGLE SEARCH ENGINE ADVERTISING PAUSE...

Tags: Ads, Google, Pause, Search, Study

Views: 368

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Absolutely great. This is the kind of stuff that keeps me coming back to ADM again and again. The .PDF is overly complex for most of us, but that's the point! I have heard this argument so many times that "I don't need PPC, because I already have excellent SEO". Now, I can respond by providing this report that so effectively disputes this CW (conventional wisdom) that PPC is mostly waisted spending - as only 11% of it is waisted, the other 89% is incremental traffic you would otherwise not have!

The never ending question:  Where do I spend my ad budget?  Cognizant dealers know the benefits of PPC and Sponsored links.  They also know that they get to co-op the ad spends that the OEMs and other companies use.  As with most things the right approach is to maximize both organic SEO and SEM.  However, if your Organic SEO includes a robust, targeted and comprehensive VSEO program you will be rewarded with "First-Click-Impulse" video thumbnails as shown in the screengrab below.  AFAIK Gunn does not purchase Ford ad words and they do not have a Ford franchise.  Obviously the first sponsored link is also not a Ford store either.

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting & Coaching
Select the maximum amount you want to pay each month
$ USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service