Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
Hey there everybody,

Need your help!  I've always been advised in the past to use local phone numbers instead of trackable toll-free phone numbers for online listings such as Google Places.  Which is the best way to go and why?

Thanks DE Community for your valued input - always appreciated & I look forward to your thoughts.

Tags: Google, local, places, yahoo, yelp

Views: 226

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Hi James,

I do a lot of Google places optimaztion for local businesses, and the first thing you need to do when verifying your account is provide your official business phone number to have the code verify you. After you have access they will allow you to alter the phone number but it requires mail card code verification. My advice is to leave it with your static number so you dont need to change in the future. The places account can link to a website where you can more easily change your number to toll free or otherwise

Jason Roper

VP Business Development

Right Leads, Inc

951-289-0039

jroper@rightleadsinc.com

All of my stores' Places accounts are already claimed & verified...was really just wanting reaffirmation that using a local phone number on a Places listing is better than an 800#. Thanks for your input though, and thanks to all of the tweets & direct email I received on this...appreciate it.
I have an direct email from the Google Local support team and they clearly state to use a local number.
Thanks Brian...exactly what I have always done. Some people in this world try to throw their ideas around when they really do not know what they're talking about, if ya know what I mean. Haha.

I REALLY wanted to try to make #DSES, but won't be able to...good news - we have two new stores opening, and there's just too much to do in getting those going. Have a great summit!
James then please plan on attending the 2012 Digital Marketing Strategies Conference Feb 1-3rd in Las Vegas just prior to NADA.  Come out and attend both conferences!
You can purchase local tracing numbers. Best of both worlds!

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service