Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community

ADM serves Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing Pros and Internet Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

Today I received a number of calls from dealers who have seen their Google+ Local Business Pages lose their reviews or revert back to old data that was once associated with Google Places.

I urge all ADM members to check their Google+ Local Pages and confirm that the review counts, phone numbers, and data is correct.  

If you are experiencing a problem, please document TWO THINGS for me, so I can help.  Put your answers in the comments box below.

• I need the link to your Google+ Local Page
  • The email account that is associated with the Page Ownership.

I look forward to seeing if this is an isolated incident or a bigger data center issue.

Update:  Download This Whitepaper That Explains The Loss of Reviews

Brian Pasch, CEO

PCG Consulting

Tags: google, google+ local

Views: 756

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

We've been wiped out. I'll email you the info. Thanks, Brian.

Are you talking about reviews missing from the search page? (as in on the actual page one results, it says "Bob's Toyota" and shows 0 reviews... OR, are you talking about reviews missing from the actual page itself? 

To have a consistent number (ie. the SERP place showing 10 reviews and the actual Google+ Local showing 10 reviews AND the review itself showing on the Google+ Local page), for whatever reason, if you RESPOND to every review (ie. say thank you or whatever), the review will actually show in the "# of reviews" on the SERP and it will also be included in the Google+ Local results so those numbers will match and all the reviews will show.

I think it's stupid that you have to do that but that works.

Arnold, I am referring to when you go to the business page directly, the number of reviews that are showing have significantly dropped or gone to zero. 

On the other hand, great tip on the need to respond to reviews. 

This is the article where I got that information. Wasn't sure if this was what you meant. See paragraph 2 under #1 of the Best Practices section:

"In order for the number of reviews to be displayed in the Google+ listing, the page owner needs to go into the reviews and comment/respond to the review material."

interesting thoughts from Mike on this situation:  http://blumenthals.com/blog/2012/07/30/google-local-and-review-issues/

I have also noticed that some reviews have gone missing for some dealers in my area. I am guessing that Mike is probably spot on. Google places has always had a "problem" with reviews. Although I have NO confirmation of this, it would not surprise me if they chose the move to g+L to start cleaning house. Again, no confirmation, but it is what I would do if I were them. 

Earle

Did you lose reviews?  Do you know how many you had?

We lost a few leads, I'm thinking close to 30 reviews, we even lost replys on a bad review where the client sent 3 bad reviews under his accout, his wife's account and his business account.  We have lost about a year worth of reviews.

last count that was done 4 months ago was around 50

I now have over 20 Dealership Rooftops that have reported significant losses in reviews.  I am working with Google to get some specific reasons and feedback.  I'll keep you posted. 

Thanks for everything, Brian!

RSS

Social Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Sales Management Professionals sharing Internet strategies and tactics

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

ADM Events

April 2014
SMTWTFS

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service