Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

Digital Marketing Pros: Official Google Analytics Academy!

Is it useful and productive for Automotive Marketing Professionals working at the dealership level to get training directly from Google on how to best use the various Google Apps, such as Google Analytics to do a better job for the automotive retail organizations they serve? Is it valuable for marketing managers in dealerships to be able to learn more about their dealership's customers with Google Analytics?
  Google Analytics  

Join Google's next Analytics Academy course

Learn how the Analytics platform works to get more value from your reports.

Register now

Last October, Google introduced Digital Analytics Fundamentals, their first course on Analytics Academy. We were thrilled to have over 145,000 students joined Google to learn about the core concepts of digital measurement.

Today, we're diving deeper into how Analytics works with our next course in the series: Google Analytics Platform Principles

In this course, Google instructors cover:
  • the four components of the Analytics platform: collection, processing, configuration and reporting
  • how Analytics collects data across different devices
  • how data is transformed before you see it in reports
  • key concepts for customizing your data in useful ways

Dealership Marketing Professionals will have two weeks to complete the course alongside a worldwide community of Analytics enthusiasts to earn a certificate of completion. After that, the course will remain open for you to complete at your own pace. 

Preview the course

Watch this quick course previewto learn about joining a course on Analytics Academy.

Register now

Happy analyzing,
The Google Analytics Team

New to Analytics? Take the Digital Analytics Fundamentals course.     Join the Analytics Academy student network on Google+

© 2014 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

Tags: Analytics, Automotive, Google, Marketing, Professionals?, Training, for

Views: 1417

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Alex you maybe right that the data coming from Google is skewed, but any data can be skewed.  Just as there are ways of tracking users online there are also ways of preventing being tracked online, but the question is why?  Most people don't even know about GA and are not concerned about GA cookies, if they where, they would use another search engine and add measures to prevent tracking.  GA may not be the best for everyone, but I believe they do provide a lot of information that can be used to get an idea of what is happening with an individuals web presence.  I think Bing also provides analytic tracking as well, if anyone is interested.

If you've ZERO budget or you're too much of a tight wad as a dealership, fine. Go ahead, keep fooling yourself into thinking Google, with their name, is the best option. The fact that they're selling "certifications", etc. is just a laugher. 

It's not about ZERO budget or being a tight wad, it's about information and information being skewed.  I don't believe anyone, other than the NSA, can give you the complete picture.  What I am saying is that GA provides a lot of useful information that can be used, if you know how.  You are correct in Google offering certifications but it is now free.  I am not a fan of Google but they do provide a lot of useful info that can be leveraged.

You can, if you have a physical tap sitting on the line to your server. It is ABSOLUTELY 100%. There is no way around it. Not trying to argue, trying to help. :-)

It's great if you have a better system than Google, but the question I would have is about it being 100% absolute?  The data coming in is only as good as the data provided.  How would it be able to track proxies.  Most people don't use them, but if someone did it would skew the data, and of course this is only one simple way.

The system I use, and the system we are going to build for the automotive world (customized to their needs alone, not generic stuff) has the ability to break down proxies. It's on the packet sniffing level, on what is known as the 'clickstream trail', I'll get back to you shortly. Put a ticket in with my developer. 

You can track all traffic coming in if you process the server log files instead of using javascript/ajax calls to track traffic.  There are pros and cons to this approach. 

But as far as proxies go, you can still track people on proxies.  When you are using a proxy, the server won't know the IP address but there are other ways to identify the user.  For example, you can set cookies if they have cookies enabled or they can identify the user using a combination of information they do know such as the browser version, if they have certain things such as cookies enabled, the user agent and more.

I agree Carl, just want to be exact in my assessment. Thanks!

Alex, with over $9 Billion a quarter coming from Adwords, which is well over 95% of all Google revenue, I am unwilling to believe that Google is chasing a few bucks by "selling certifications"... Not only that, but the classes I have attended from Google have been instructed by independent search marketing practitioners and professional trainers who are contracted by Google... So, their own employees do not get any benefit from conducting the training!

I have dealt with Google on a direct basis for ten years and the only sacred cow in their palace is Adwords... Google Analytics exists to help support the Adwords business model.

Ralph, that's fine and dandy on the Pay Per Click side, one reason they trap you with analytics. I'm worried about organic traffic and what's true. 

Passive analytics IS the way to go. TAGs suck. 

Let's not act as if it's impossible for 3rd party analytics providers to track Google Adword campaigns, either. I can point to our tool, that drills down to the street level, literally. 

UHHHHHHH OHHHHHHH, would you look at what Cobalt just published. @ChrisCachor

http://www.automotivedigitalmarketing.com/profiles/blog/show?id=197...

Finding the True Number of Visitors to Your Site

Initial results of this study show that between multi-browser/device usage and cookie deletion, standard web analytics overstate unique visitors by 2.7 times. One thing

to note is that our initial research studied the use of multiple laptops/desktops and browser use. The study was not extended to mobile devices. However we will be including mobile into our ongoing research. Our results are in line with similar findings by a Comscore study that determined that there is a 2.5x overstatement of unique user metrics including mobile & tablet. What this means is that the advertising industry’s standard web metrics overestimate advertising reach, and opportunities (or interested shoppers). On the positive side, this also means that we have been underestimating frequency, vehicle engagement rates, repeat visitor metrics, advertising performance and conversion rates. In the coming months, we’ll be releasing even more data from this study that will help dealers better measure the effectiveness of their digital advertising and will begin the process of building those actionable insights into our dealer advertising solution.

This: http://web.cobalt.com/how-to-measure-dealer-advertising-roi-automot... supports the need for PASSIVE ANALYTICS.

The eBook will:

• Explain why the most common automotive KPIs---clickthroughs, inventory searches, and yes... even VDP views, to name a few--- just aren't cutting it.
  • Propose an entirely new way to approach your dealership's success measurement, one that will have you tracking shoppers instead of chasing metrics.
  • Introduce you to The BOS. That’s right. You'll get an exclusive peek behind the curtain of an advertising platform that monitors, manages and maximizes your ROI for you.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

ADM Events

December 2019
SMTWTFS

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service