Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

There has been a lot of fuss about AutoConnections 2012 and for good reason. The names behind it are big with a proven track record of automotive expertise and quality events.

With that said, I'm looking for one good reason why I should attend. The blog posts are long and the discussions are longer. I need the elevator pitch.

Dealers: Why are you going to attend? What do you hope to get out of it?

Vendors: What are you bringing to the table?

Organizers: What's going to make this "special" with so many conferences out there?

Keep in mind, I will definitely be attending. I just want to hear from everyone else in the ADM community so we're all on the same page.

Fire away your elevator pitches/reasons. Thanks!

Tags: "Car, AutoCon, AutoConnections, Conference, Dealer', Las vegas

Views: 1134

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Dangit, Jim!  Spell my name right.  :)  Keith Shetterly.  No "c".  

My bad.  Still appreciate you Keith Shetterly!

PS Timothy Martell pretty consistently insightful as well.

Damn, and I thought your last name was Laws.... Shetterly Laws.  I've got a coffee cup sitting on my desk that says that!

:)

I think that this is going to be the best ever.  I plan to attend and be a part of this.  It is time to step up and give other conferences (no names mentioned) a run for their money.

I have received a number of calls from dealers and industry suppliers about AutoCon 2012, and I keep going back to the fact that dealers want choice.  If they have been to a conference, year over year, and the value does not increase, at some point they either stop going or look for alternatives.   If the value increases, they stay.

A recent conference at Google's offices hosted by DealerOn, Haystack Digital, and DealerRefresh attracted over 400 pre-registered attendees.  Unfortunately, only 125 could attend.  Why did they draw this great audience?  The dealer community saw new VALUE in this event and it was not the same old thing.  Jeff Kershner is also a market influencer like Ralph Paglia.

So, if 90%+ of key dealership employees don't go to regular conferences, AutoCon 2012 will give them a reason to enroll.  Dealers who are looking for a fresh conference, at a very affordable price, will consider going to AutoCon 2012 this fall.  

Choice, Value, Innovation, and the Reputation of the organizers (Ralph Paglia, Chris Saraceno, Mike Myers)  is a winning formula.  Add to that the organizational skills provided by Carrie Hemphill at First Class Educators, and you have a reason to plan ahead for this event.

I would also add that dealers should not miss a great October Conference, the 2012 DrivingSales Executive Summit.  Jared and his team does a great job with their unique conference format.

Brian  

Today i discovered another reason for dealers to attend AutoCon 2012... The crew of automotive retail professionals that now run Social Dealer.  I came up here (Chicago) to work with their team on a consulting assignment and (surprise, surprise) during my visit we had a discussion about AutoCon 2012 (They asked!). Before the discussion was over, Phil Penton, Joe Castle and their team of Virtual Social media Marketers (VSMM) - (I told them they need to shorten the name) - Insisted that they invest in a Platinum level AutoCon 2012 sponsorships and a 10x20 expo booth.  But, their entire focus was on constructing both sponsored and best practice learning sessions, followed by hands on working lab sessions so that the dealers and managers who learn in the classroom can apply what they learn to their actual social networks and websites before they leave the conference.  I was impressed by their dedication to the concept that educating dealers on how to be successful with social media would lead to more business for their company.  I was so excited to contact Carrie Hemphill and Chris Saraceno to brainstorm on the ways we could construct the learning and lab sessions to deliver the most insight, knowledge and inspiration firepower to fuel dealer success, that i realized AutoCon has an opportunity to raise the entire industry's "bar" or level of expectations for productivity around attending such events.

THAT is a great reason to attend AutoCon 2012... You will learn more and get an opportunity to learn in a hands-on environment so you have already begun implementing what you learn before you leave the AutoConnections Conference and Exposition in las vegas.

As I travel around the country rallying support, sponsorships and dealer participation in the design and planning for this event, in my heart i realize that this is more than just another auto industry conference, it is a culmination of so much passion and energy coming together in one place... the event will be epic. You will want to be able to say that YOU attended the very first AutoCon in Las Vegas! http://AutoCon2012.com/

AutoConnections Conference and Exposition

I'm going just because Ralph is there.

Every time I see Yago at any automotive conference I know that I am in the right place...

This is how I envision the industry celebration after AutoCon

Its a bit of a stretch but imagine ralph is Dorothy

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

2. Legit Ways to Make Money Online

Posted by GeorgeTod on June 24, 2018

3. Twitter For Car Dealers

Posted by Kevin Lewis on June 27, 2018

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2018   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service