Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

Below is a link to an interview with Gary Vaynerchuk (AKA Gary Vee)

On TechCrunchTV with host Josh Zelman (5:04 Minutes) Gary IS addicting.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/05/13/gary-vaynerchuk-social-media-clown...

Tags: (TCTV), Are, Clowns”, Experts, Gary, Media, Of, Percent, Social, Vaynerchuk:, More…“99.5

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Gary Vaynerchuk: “99.5 Percent Of Social Media Experts Are Clowns” ...
Josh Zelman 

Wine enthusiast, author, founder, blogger, investor and serial entrepreneur (did I leave anything out?) Gary Vaynerchuk dropped by our TechCrunch TV studio in New York City with a bottle of red to discuss his new book, The Thank You Economy with TechCrunch Co-editor,Erick Schonfeld. “Context is the new battleground for business” says Vaynerchuk when asked to give the Twitter version summary of book.

In essence, businesses need to better understand how to use social media and how to apply an authentic human touch while doing so. Vaynerchuk thinks current efforts are abysmal. “”99.5 percent of the people that walk around and say they are a social media expert or guru are clowns,” he says, continuing with “we are going to live through a devastating social media bubble.”

In part II of this interview below, Vaynerchuk discusses the origins Winelibrary.tv, what Ze Frank had to do with it, how he became Internet famous, and where he invests his money.

Gary Vaynerchuk image
Companies: Obsessed TVWine Library TVVaynerMediaCorkd,Cinderella WineGourmet Library

Gary Vaynerchuk has captured attention with his pioneering, multi-faceted approach to personal branding and business. As his viewership swelled to over 80,000 a day, doors opened to a book deal, several national TV appearances, and a flurry of… Learn More

Thanks Ralph....Much better!

Thomas - I can tell you from first hand experience that Gary Vee is right! Having done a ton of social media marketing and experienced on a first hand basis some things that work and even more that do NOT work from a perspective of selling cars, it pains me to see so many charlatans using "Social Media Domination" and other crap to separate dealers from their money.  I am not sure if I agree with "99.5%" but I do agree that there is more hocus pokus nonsense than there are services being offered to dealers relevant to selling and servicing cars that seem to be of credible economic benefit.

It has taken me six years to focus in and fine tune my approach to the essential social media marketing items that drive sales and service revenue for car dealers, and I have been in the car business for 30 years... The idea that some social media geeks can come into this business segment and provide value to dealers without ever having sold any cars is beyond believability, for me.

Ralph, I second your emotions including your thoughts on the percentage of clowns, they are in the majority for sure. Many bounce in and out of the forums with a "cheerleader" like presentation. I have allowed 4 companies to make proposals to me just to see if they were as shallow as they appeared to be from a distance. Simply yelling cute things from the sidelines offering an oil change here and an Ipad there with no plan or structure. I can mess all that up myself...I don't need to pay someone to do that for me. However none of my comments are to diminish the importance of having a true expert to guide us in social. It is here to stay. We must all arrive there at some point in a bigger way than most of us are. We need to carefully choose who will help us get there.
Very wisely stated... Think about all the mistakes we made with Internet Lead Management (or lack of) and CRM strategies between 1995 and 2005 and then commit to NOT repeating similar types of mistakes with social media.
Agreed.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

William B. Terry
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

SaveSave

ADM Professional Services
Phone Consultation
Topic or Issue:

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2020   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service