Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

Frustrated, I am at a dealership that has really worked hard to make the necessary changes to become better.

In the past the dealership did not handle things well with our customer relations and consequently we have paid the price by having the worst on-line reviews I have seen.

I am new to the dealership and am implementing a turnaround plan that seems to be starting to work, slowly but it is working. 

I am so frustrated with Yelp.  I just cannot get positive reviews to stick on Yelp. I am well aware of their filters and do not try to back-door yelp to try and get reviews posted.  My customers write something nice about us and it never, I mean never sticks… even when the customer is a yelp user?

I am really frustrated.   How is a dealer who has changed its ways supposed to make the turn around with sites like yelp? Then the Yelp rep has the nerve to call me today to sell their program to me. If I knew it would help I would buy, but I hear it does not matter. 

I have nothing positive to say about Yelp, is it just me or am I missing something, Feedback.

Tags: Frustrated, Reputation Management, Social Media, Yelp

Views: 449

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Hey everyone, I hope everybody had an awesome thanksgiving, I just back from the mountains enjoying my time with the family at cloud croft. What I witness a lot of dealers do is participate in this “death of the web model” whereby in an effort to catch up to everyone they are running in circles, hitting walls, and frozen as to what to do next. The results of which they are neither ranking on organic search results or Google+ local which is a lot easier to do, by the way there are plenty of viral ways to increase good reviews using word press and Facebook that leaves me shaking my head as to why anyone would be dependent on one site. That just doesn’t make sense.

That being said, with all the yelp customer complaints against extortion, the settlement they made to the employees they didn’t pay, stories in the wall street journal, Forbes, news channels, various class action lawsuits, I would think that if anyone needed reputation management it would be Yelp itself. That is really funny to me; it reminds me of the Better Business Bureau scandal that exposed their pay for letter grade ratings. We all know where this is going. My suggestion to Micah is to rank a YouTube video at the very top of the first page on Google, that’s right on top of all the organic and local search results simply explaining hey guys we tried to work with yelp and this is what happened. Customers love honesty above everything else.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service