Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

Why does your business need a Facebook Fan Page and how can you realize real ROI
with the Facebook Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising platform?

I've been talking to dealers all over the country.  And there is a lot of frustration about the time and effort Internet departments and Social Media Managers are spending on Facebook.  I wrote the attached "piece" as a Facebook primer for dealers.  The reality is, that you can generate ROI from your efforts, and there is a very clear path for that journey.   You can do it yourself, or you can contract it out.  Either way you go,  there are three important steps you need to take to reap the benefits of “being on Facebook”:

1. You should begin to educate yourself about the current “state of Facebook”.  How
    and when are your customers engaging with this social network?  The statistics may shock you (they blow my mind every time I look at them). Consider the fact that companies like
    Southwest Airlines, Victoria’s Secret, Macy’s, and many many more, are all actively engaged in marketing within Facebook.
  2. Develop a customized interactive Fan Page for your business.  A lot of people
    “wish” that Facebook had coined the name for this application as “Business
    Page” but Fan Page it is.  And it is a way for you to develop and build your company’s brand and engage your customers in a dynamic and trackable way.
  3. Create a targeted Facebook Advertising campaign, execute it, and measure the results. 

You don’t need to go to a seminar, you don’t need a webinar – YOU can do this.  And if you
don’t have time to do it, or you don’t WANT to do it, well, then you can certainly hire me (or someone else who knows what they're doing) to do it for you!

Tags: Automotive, Facebook, Marketing, Media, ROI, Social

Views: 63

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

If you have any problems with the attachment, I'd be happy to email it to you!
Hey Shannon, great post

I think the biggest red flag that they are using facebook the wrong way is that they are frustrated and they are concerned about the time spent. Facebook should not be something they do all day, and it should not be used to market heavy and aggressive. I see it all the time, dealers tell me they spent all day putting specials and limited time offers on peoples wall. I told them right away that they are doing it wrong. All social media sites should be used mainly for reputation management and whatever marketing they do should be indirect. When they do post, post an informational statement or new model release and add a link to the inventory and tell the customer to see that vehicle not, or a link to more information about something.

It's how I use to bring customers in the door from a lead. I use to use the trade even if they weren't trading. I would ask them what they are driving and whatever they said, a Chevy Nova? Wow I haven't seen one of those in years! My brother had one when he was younger, and he has been looking for one to restore it, when can you bring it in so I can look at it? Now the customer just became the seller and I made an appointment without him or her knowing.

Clarence
Hey Clarence! Thanks for the reply - I didn't see it until just now. Odd.
Hey Meg,

As you mentioned, many articles and studies are referencing the growing impact and unique credibility enjoyed by Face Book conversations amongst their online friends. The market is a conversation, and Face Book is obviously a place where people are talkng about buying or servicing a car so auto dealers need to be actively engaged in that dialogue. After all, what are friends for!

Face Book and social networking sites like it are driven by a constant in the marketplace -- human nature and the fact that people are social animals -- so I have been focusing on the variable that can give my dealer/vendor client's an advantage by providing efficiencies in social media marketing - technology! Applications like ronsmap invite car shoppers who visit their inventory marketing/search portal to share their shopping experience with online friends which indirectly allows a dealership to market from the inside out in Face Book with unsolicited personal C2C comments about a vehicle or a dealer that car shoppers are considering vs. B2C marketing messages from the ouitside in. Applications like DealerMouth allow salespeople to maintain their own personal website linked to Face Book and other social networking communities that they participate in while discreetly integrating information to and from their hosting dealership with similar efficiencies to spread the word within the community without the dealer being perceived as crashing the party. SiSTeR Technologies Video CarLot has overcome the misguided tendency of auto dealers to show their car salesperson side by posting their inventory on Face Book only to piss off their friends who see them as a wolf in sheep's clothing who is only interested in selling them something by building in a Face Book approved tab that opens to their vShock micro site that displays videos of the entire inventory in a method that is less obvious but equally effective in allowing a dealer to engage their friends only when or if they are in the market.

Of course as with all processes they start and end with people, however, the people with the tools to mix business with pleasure on sites like Face Book have an advantage over less knowledgeable dealerships. These applications will not replace professionals like you and our other ADM friends who stay ahead of the curve in today's changing technology driven world but they certainly make our jobs easier if we can bring them to our dealer/vendor client's attention.

After all, what are friends -- and ADM -- for!
Sorry - I meant Shannon in my above reply! (Although you do look like Meg so please accept my apology.)
One of my dealers was advertising on Facebook for months. I took a look at their Google Analytics and it was really bad. The bounce rate was 96%, and they paid thousands of dollars.

This particular dealer has an owner that is very involved, and he sets the prices to beat everyone, and they have a great inventory. So what I'm saying is, it wasn't a price shock thing.

We took their Facebook budget and went with Google Adwords. If you take the time to create good landing pages, your quality score will go up and your cost per click will go down.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

ADM Events

December 2019
SMTWTFS

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service