Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

We recently received a complaint from someone who did not want to complete the ADM membership application... Does ADM Require Too Much Information For Membership?

One of several principles that has made the ADM Professional Community different from other online sites is that members do NOT have anonymity, but they also are not subject to censorship.  The concept being that as long as people are willing to take full credit for what they post or publish, and everyone clearly knows who they are, they are then free to truly express their opinions without being moderated or censored...

So, all the content on ADM is available to view for everyone, including tens of thousands of non-members each month, but if you want to comment or download files, you must be a member. But do we ask for too much information of new members?  For example, we require that members tell us in their own words who they are and what they do within the auto industry... Is that too much information?

Tell the community what you think about this issue... Please.

Tags: ADM, Does, For, Information, Membership?, Much, Require, Too

Views: 120

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Well said. The one thing I would caution anybody on is the concept of "separation of church and state..." when it comes to the background of those sharing insights, knowledge and guidance.  Sometimes it is just that, well meaning advice from someone with experience in an area, and the only influence by that person's job role is exposure to situations relevant to the discussion.

I have personally learned that one of the most effective ways to "sell" a service or product to any business owner is to show them how to do it themselves... If they decide to outsource the work, the company that taught them how to do it is in a good position to get the business.  Likewise, the very best clients any automotive marketing services supplier can have are dealers who have done it themselves, seen how much work it is and made a conscious decision to outsource the work rather than hire full time employees to do it in-house.  These are the dealers who provide clear objectives and appreciate the work required to achieve those same objectives.

My thought is absolutely not.  This is a professional site.  If one can't be oneself here, then where?  We'd create a class of users that cause suspicion and divide, and we need to be on the same page to all.  Anonymity has it's place, but I at least believe users need to have some idea of who they are talking to.

As always, though, I appreciate your process of considering all aspects.  See you in a couple of days!

Keith

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. Sorry, your CRM technology is outdated!

Posted by Matt Watson on June 21, 2009

2. Main SEO Trends 2019

Posted by Kevin Lewis on January 24, 2019

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service