Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

Attention ALL!

I need ALL OF YOU to join me on this one!!!!!

* That`s right! Car Fax is now posting their Pricing opinion on ALL DEALER WEBSITES!

When I want pricing information on a New vehicle from Kelly or Edmunds, I have to go to their own website!

What gives Car Fax the right to post their opinion as to how a preowned vehicle should be priced on my own website WITHOUT A DEALERS PERMISSION????!!!

This is so out of control!!!

In a nut shell, obviously Car Fax now what`s to be known as the Edmunds or Kelly Blue Book of "Preowned Pricing" Authority!! Read on my friends........ this is a bad one!

Who in the hell is Car Fax to decide whether or not the vehicle is priced correctly? Car Fax DOES NOT know what I paid at an auction for that particular vehicle or what I had to pay that previous customer as a trade- in in order to make a deal.... Car Fax is definitely stepping out of it`s boundaries with this one!

Do they really think this "Tool" will really "ENHANCE" a dealers selling process by having to deal with another Edmunds or Kelly Blue Book? ....... Are you guys for real?!

Here`s an example of one of my vehicles & what CarFax, the "New Preowned Pricing Authority" has to say;

I wonder if Mr. or Mrs. Car Fax has every actually sold vehicles???!!  I seriously have some doubts.

A dealer should either be allowed to opt in or out of this "Tool", ......... after all, we are paying for their services.

I plan on posting this on many of the automotive sites that I belong too, in order to make sure dealers are fully aware of this Car Fax nightmare.

*** Please attempt to contact the CEO of Car Fax Bill Eager directly; Phone number 703-934-2664 &  bill.eager@carfax.com

***PLEASE SHARE THIS LINK WITH ANYBODY & EVERYBODY THAT YOU KNOW IN THE AUTO INDUSTRY!!

** Please contact your area Car Fax Rep & raise hell! Tell them to drop this within 30 days or Car Fax WALKS THE PLANK!

AutoCheck is looking better & better.......

Thanks for making everyone`s job in the Auto Business a little more difficult CarFax.

Ken Beam
Creative Marketing Director

Douglas Auto Group
430 Morris Ave.
Summit NJ 07901

908-522-7300

Views: 162

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

LOL!

Tobias you asked "Let me ask you a question - If there was information on the Carfax that would keep your client from wanting to purchase the car; Would you want them to discover it before or after the transaction?"

I want my customers to be able to access a free Car Fax Report at anytime!!!!! That`s why it`s posted FREE on our website!!!!!!! Geez........

Our customers can have report anytime they want it & do not have to ask for it as your customers do!!!

Listen, this is not about wanting or not wanting customers to see a Car Fax!!!! Let`s try to stay focused on the issue at hand Tobias & not take a wrong turn & distort this entire post....... please keep it relevant to the discussion at hand ok? I`d appreciate it.

Thanks
You didn't answer my question, so I'll repeat it: "If there was information on the Carfax that would keep your client from wanting to purchase the car; Would you want them to discover it before or after the transaction?"

And like I said - I make sure they get a copy with each transaction - regardless if they asked for it, or not.

I am not effected by this change at all - and that's my answer to your question: it doesn't matter. If you don't like their product, try this: Take it off your website.

Tobias.

PS: Have you considered running a Carfax on the trade?
Sorry but I have to chime in again. As to your previous examples (Tobias) KBB, Edmunds and the like are not framed into dealers web sites and the customer pays for the information on the outside sources. In these cases the dealers pay Carfax for the information to be available to thier customers as a free of charge service. If you take a look at a few dealers using them you suddenly notice that most of the vehicles are according to Carfax adjusted in a negative way for the dealer. They are trying to do two things at the same time. Attempting to appeal to the consumer where they have a potential for millions of customers and compete with thier up and coming competetor Autochek who is providing the same information for a considerable savings (at least in our case) and in the end its dealer be damned.

I'm sorry to say but after checking your site you don't offer either Carfax or Autochek. Take on the responsibility of writing just one months payable to either company and you may see things in a different light.

I aggree with Ken, it's total BS and once again the big bully is dictating what is and what is'nt going to be done.
Thanks Andy....... & that`s what this post/thread is all about!

Thanks for the input!
Andy, a couple of things:

You're not listening: I said "I make sure they get a copy with each transaction - regardless if they asked for it, or not."

It is not on my website - Carfax hasn't made any offers (yet) to advertise their product there.

"Big Bully" - Wow... not sure how to respond to that: I guess we are all just poor victims. Like I said earlier... the sky is not falling.

Also: Have you considered running a Carfax on the trade?
Ken,

Here's the guy in charge if you want to call or send a message: http://usa.polk.com/Company/Leadership/richraines.htm There's a contact us tab on his profile page.

And everything else you might want to know about CarFax: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carfax_%28company%29

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service