Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

We are featuring ADM community members who have been on the cover of Digital Dealer Magazine in honor of the upcoming Digital Dealer Conference.

If you were ever featured on the cover of an issue of Digital Dealer Magazine, you can get the thumbnail for the cover at www.DigitalDealer-Magazine.com . We would greatly appreciate it if you would change your ADM profile image to the Digital Dealer cover image, showing the story about you so we can put your profile into the featured member mosaic... Thank you!

Ralph

Tags: Cover Story, Digital Dealer Magazine, Have You Been On Cover

Views: 1079

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Ralph, I think you are overlooking a more important issue here, I would like to hear more about the Digital Dealer curse. I have been told that once you appear on the cover you will end up finding employment elsewhere, how long were you at Courtesy after this photo was taken? What about Kim and Gilbert? Is Tim the next one to fall victim to the curse?

Jon
Same goes for VJ and likely quite a few more I can't think of off the top of my head.
Jon,

In my case, I knew from the time I accepted the job that my work at Courtesy Chevrolet was supposed to be done at between 1 to 2 years. The cover story for me on Digital Dealer was really sort of an affirmation that I had accomplished what I set out to do when I took the job... After I left Courtesy I continued to serve the dealer as a consultant and to this day send them business any time I can.

RP
The real question is - how much weight have we put on since being on the cover? I know I've gained at least 10 pounds!
Alex - You may have uncovered the REAL story of the "Behind the Scenes" look at all of us Digital Dealer cover models!!! I have gained at least 20 lbs. despite my efforts to go in the other direction. Could it be due to the fortune and fame impact of being on the cover of the "Double D"? When I saw the recent movie "Gamers" I was scared fridge-less by the sumo looking dude who was on the web all day playing role-player games.

How many Double D cover models have gained weight since their month of fame?
David Kain started "The Cover Curse" myth. :)
Alex get that Cover Shot up!, get on Jeff too he is part of "The Curse"
@Joe I smell a video in the making!
Attachments:
You are right Jon, and Joe Webb pointed it out as well. Just 30 days later, being exposed on the cover of DDM, I was contacted by my new employer and for 3 months they didn't let go. Good for me from the opportunity I gained, bad for my dealership group, who "had" to let me go or better I let them go. But on the other, I believe it is totally legit to try to have your own developed success formula implementing into a new career and role. With the hope to make more change happening for the automotive retail industry, I am glad to had the opportunity to grow even further.
As the first full time editor of Digital Dealer magazine, I had the task of selecting Internet Managers to appear in our cover stories. It was one of the best parts of my job and allowed me to speak with some of the sharpest minds in auto retailing today. It was interesting to see the perspective of these managers and how they approached their business practices. The smart ones recognized early on that you had to use technology to enhance the relationship and not rely on auto-responders and canned email replies to bring more business in the door. The challenge then and now is still the big disconnect between the Internet department and the executive management in the store. Until the ISM is seen as a “real manager” there will continue to be sporadic success and many failures of the retailing process.

And yes, while many ISM’s appearing on the cover did later accept jobs with other dealerships or vendors, I feel it was due to the fact their dealer owner/GM did not appreciate their performance and/or properly compensate them for all the work they did, and not the fact that they appeared on the cover of Dig Dealer. (Read more at http://dubisgroup.com/blog/?p=45)

Please remember that for every ISM that appears on these cover stories there are hundreds more out there that are just as dynamic, hard working and really know how to make this industry very profitable and productive. Kudo’s to Digital Dealer, Mike Roscoe and his team for drawing attention to the importance of the Internet and technology in our industry.
Matt, not sure about the process recently but here is how it was done on my watch.

Finding ISMs for the cover story took a bit of work. I looked at hundred's of dealer websites to find something unique in the way they presented their dealership, read the email comments from readers, and asked our advertisers to make suggestions and let me know about ISMs who really seemed to get it. It was a lot tougher than you think, Many owners did not want their employees to get any recognition, so the ISM was prohibited from being on the cover. This said a lot to me about the attitude of ownership in the store. I also tried to mix it up geographically and from a franchise perspective too. Once I had the list of candidates narrowed down, I gave them each a call and listened for some excitement in their voice, signs of their passion for the business and their commitment to changing the way we market vehicles in this country. Then I made my decisions.
I was one of the first "woman" to be featured on the cover. December 2006. 
Donna, I remember your issue... Really, I do... Needless to say, we need to see more women, more often on the cover of what is now Dealer Magazine.  For a whole variety of reasons.

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting & Coaching
Select the maximum amount you want to pay each month
$ USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top 5 Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions - 30 Days

2. SEO vs. SEM - Are advertising companies taking advantage of dealerships?

Posted by Sarah Draley-Davis on August 13, 2008

3. Dealership Website SEO

Posted by Kim Essenmacher on February 15, 2014

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service