Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
I NEED HELP ON WHAT MP AND ZOOM LENS I NEED FOR GOOD PICTURES FOR MY WEB SITE. THANKS

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Here's my 2 cents Karnonel,

I prefer a Canon EOS Digital Rebel T1i. Its a high quality, mid level camera for under $1,000.. This camera offers high resolution 15 megapixel images with enough to onboard sensors to correctly measure the picture to provide optimal balance and tone.

I would use a 50mm lens. The 50mm is called a "normal" or "standard" lens because the perspective closely matches that of the human eye.

Also use a flash diffuser to soften reflections on vehicle surface created by a flash. Wax paper works well as a flash diffuser if you really like squeezing a nickels into a dimes.

Finallly get yourself Adobe Lightroom 2 for tweeking. It provides for a far better workflow when processing large numbers of photos which Adobe Photoshop will not.

John
JOHN THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. I HAVE A AREA INSIDE WERE MY SON HAD BATTING GAGE THINKING ABOUT FIXING A PLACE INSIDE TO TAKE PICTURES ANY SUGGESTIONS ON THIS?
Inside is definitely better than outside considering weather factors. I would make sure that you have full spectrum overhead lighting. Color actually derives from light. Full spectrum color lighing makes primarly and secondary colors appear true.
Karonel,
John is right the Rebel t1i is a good camera and Adobe Lightroom is a great program, but I think you can get the job done just as well for a lot less money. The images you put on your website are less than 1 megapixel. Longer lenses are always better but there are times when you need the wider angle. The Canon SD1300is is a good point and shoot. It won't do all of the things the rebel will do but it should fill your needs. I also use ACDSee to edit my photos. Again it isn't as powerful as Lightroom but for $50 it does a lot.

If you still want to design a shooting room let me know, I can help you.

Mark Rose
www.professionalimageconsultants.net
mark@professionalimageconsultants.net

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

William B. Terry
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

SaveSave

ADM Professional Services
Phone Consultation
Topic or Issue:

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2020   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service