Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
If anyone on this forum is using VinSolutions, would you mind contacting me? I had some questions about their services and am in need of some help.

Tags: dealer, inventory, manager, vinsolutions

Views: 114

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Thanks, that's very interesting. it seems as though This Multi Attribute Continuous Double Auction Exchange for new cars would need to be VERY complicated to get an identical match on a car at another seller in a the same geographical region which would be needed to have a double exchange. Because there are so many variable attributes even for new cars(such as trim level, color, wheels, upholstery, and on and on) that make even new cars so unique. Am I right?
Ted you are quite right. Even some Ford trucks have over a million variable deal attributes. Thats what makes this patented MACDAX technology so unique. The user doesn't experience any of the complex algorithms going on in the background. The matching engine is completely invisible and very fast. The parties find the deals and that's all they care about.

The best part about it is that it is not technology replacing people. People are in fact the main driver. Without people it wouldn't work. Thousands of human actions and reactions speeded up to the speed of light. It creates a phenomenon known as a human grid of spontaneous market intelligence.
Also keep in mind geography is a big variable as well because a car 10 miles from me is worth more than a car 75 miles from me. So, with so many deal attributes how can it be possible to have multiple sellers bidding to sell the exact same vehicle to multiple buyers? If there are a million variables in a transaction that's enough for me to say it is a one-of-a-kind transaction in which case a double auction exchange would be impossible.
This is going off the topic. Is there a discussion thread on this site specific to dealmaker.com? If not, maybe you should create one.
Ted, every transaction doesn't have a million variables. There are maybe a million POSSIBLE variables in product configuration. Any material variables would be reflected in the free-market discount ratio. The problem that you describe with geography is acually a very simple deal attribute (such as delivery location or FOB point) which can affect the discount ratio, and fully accounted for in the system that we were discussing.

I admire your deep thinking on this subject and of course there are many more questions you might have, but as you say, this should be discussed in another forum.
Randall: You may want to call me prior to making any quick decisions. Feel free to Google my name and give me a call. 913.645.1732 Eric Hinkle
Now let's be fair to Randall here, Eric, Chris, and Matt all have some sort of involvement with VINSolutions, usually it is just a Matt and Chris Tag Team event, guys, at least let Randall know he is dealing with sales people from the company he had questions on. I might be wrong, but I think he was trying to solicit an unbiased opinion.
Hey Jon, I haven't talked to you in awhile, good to "see" you! I agree with you which is why I wasn't posting here anymore, sort of.......the real reason wasn't that we were talking about VinSolutions (we were not), it was that we were talking about Brian Dillon Ferris product. Even though many of these posts get sidetracked, you are right, it wasn't what Randell was looking for.

Randall is a vendor too and is trying to find out something and we didn't mean to take over his post.

I have many times on this site stated where I work but one of the great things about this site (which I do every time I want to know who this person is), I just click on their profile and see who they are.....and then, if I really want to know who they are I can look at the website were they work, Google their name, etc. Very awesome.

P.S. I like the "Matt and Chris Tag Team event", :-) it has a nice ring to it (although that is not our intention). It made me think about when I talked to Matt the first time well over 2 years ago when I was considering using VinSolutions. Matt and I hit it off right away and over the next 2+ years of using his product and referring several friends and past dealer clients), we have talked to each other on the phone several times, talked face to face a few and mostly have sent several hundreds of emails back and forth discussing what he should add to the software, what would make dealers life easier, what didn't he have that other softwares have, what does this software need to help dealers sell more cars, etc, etc, etc. You will find that Matt wants his product to have everything that dealers need to run their business in his program. Its cool how things circle around and now I work for VinSolutions.
While we are on the subject of apologies, I never intended to sidetrack the discussion either. However I thought that Randall did raise a question about an online valuation product. Thus my opinion about the value of looking at online adverts as a guide to pricing or my alternative concept of looking at a live trading exchange showing actual sales as they happen in true real-time, plus any preceding sales, bids or offers in the marketplace.

These comments were not intended to offer competition to VInSolutions products but rather to open constructive debate about the concept. Randall from what I have seen of VINSolutions I would have no hesitation in recommending them.
That's how these posts go sometimes although I was wondering how we got on that subject....now I remember :-)

Thanks Brian, I know that was not your intent.
Chris, I thought you might get a laugh out of the "Tag Team" comment and I didn't know Randall was a vendor, with that being the case, you can have your way with him:)
Its all good bro.......yes, I did get a kick out of it....sounds good to me, ding, ding, ding, round two errr five! :-)

Send me an email or give me a ring sometime, it would be good to catch up and see what you've been up to. You are always working on something unique and innovative.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

William B. Terry
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

SaveSave

ADM Professional Services
Phone Consultation
Topic or Issue:

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. BDC or Virtual BDC

Posted by Peter Stratton on February 26, 2020

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2020   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service