Automotive Digital Marketing Professional Community

ADM serves Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing Pros and Internet Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

Does anyone have some feedback on a company that can create a custom iPhone app for a dealer group that allows people to book a service appointment, browse their inventory, apply for financing, etc.? 

They have a dozen stores so the app would need to accomodate routing to each store properly.

I see many companies advertising iPhone apps but I wanted to get feedback from ADM members  who have them up and running.

I am also interested to see if these iPad apps have helped increase online service appoint setting.

Tags: apps, iphone

Views: 582

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

I have been working on a blog post about mobile apps and qr codes , and just posted it this morning.  For the money and commitment with apps, I generally feel that dealers get a better bang for their buck with a mobile site and text marketing. If you are seriously considering developing an App, I would invest some time in researching long term consumer use and engagement. When speaking with an App developer, ask them for the actual user statistics of apps that they have done for other car dealers and not just the download numbers.  As a number of studies have shown, download numbers do not prove use or adoption, which are the much more important. If the data proves out long term consumer use, then I would definitely employ an app.

I definitely agree. With making apps you are also chasing making them for Apple, Android, Blackberry, Windows Mobile and etc. A mobile site can work on all of them all the time.

Well, unless you are teamed up with www.specialtymobileapps.com, then they do all the heavy lifting with new devices and systems. Finding a company that "future proofs" the dealers investment is the key!

Does a mobile site work without internet connectivity...NO! Does and app? Yes

Do mobile sites download quickly to flash and other features? ...No! Does an app? Yes!

Over 59 billion apps developed since conception of the smart phone- The key is...Find a company that has built an app for dealers, by dealers!

As always...You get what you pay for!

For the world's only fully customizable, changeable, most robust dealer platform- visit www.specialtymobileapps.com

Jeff I'd like to see some of your usage stats for some of your dealer apps.  That would as they say "seal the deal" and make me more of an app believer. 

Also, I have to ask about what type of app functionality would a car dealer use that would work without mobile connectivity and help them with selling their products and services?

You couldn't view inventory or schedule service without internet access anyways.

Hello Aloysius,

I just read your article, regarding the cost of App you really must visit this page. http://mobileapploader.com/myApp/AppsCategories1.aspx?tag=Automotive

Regarding functionality there is a comparison table on that page.  Also if you would like to see some really data about iPhone Apps visit this page or give us a call 408 844 4696 

http://mobileapploader.com/myapp/news.aspx

Zvika

Completely agree with Matt and Aloysius - mobile websites (with SMS alerts) are a much better solution that an app (with permitted notifications).  The App-economy may only last another couple years until 4G makes the bandwidth worries of HTML5 obsolete.  Furthermore:

- Average Apple iOS device has downloaded 143 apps
- Over 90% off apps never used after first 20 days
- Majority of apps never used after the first day of download
Consumers have downloaded a lot of apps, making it hard to keep you app visible and relevant, and most never use the app again.  There is no compelling reason why a consumer is going to download, update and regularly interact with your app and from a technology point of view their is absolutely no compelling reason to have an app in the first place with HTML5 can handle everything much more efficiently.

Hello Stan,

1) One compelling reason for downloading dealers' Apps (and using them) is coupons. Dealers who offer coupons through their Apps are more likely to hold their customers' interest. 

2) The best way to keep in touch with customers is by sending them Notifications with coupons and special announcements. This can't be done with WebApps.

To see an example, download the "Don Ayers Honda" App and check out the latest notifications they have sent. http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/don-ayres-honda/id379503839?mt=8

While reading your post, Stan, I concluded you have a BlackBerry; please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Zvika @ www.MobileAppLoader.com

I just realized you posted before me. Thanks for the shoutout! Notification going out tomorrow! :)
We have both an iPhone and an Android app through Mobile App Loader.  We are seeing more and more usage on it month over month including service appointments being made on it.  It is a very clean app and customer friendly.  I can only track the usage on the iPhone and not the Android.  It took me about a day to get it set up and we were up and running with it on iTunes and the Marketplace within 4 days after I got all of our graphics uploaded.  Here is the link for their website. www.mobileapploader.com.  You can also check out our app by searching Don Ayres Honda in the app stores.
Coupons can be sent through text to everyone with a cell phone, not just smart phones

Hello Carl,

You are right why use a smart phone with a nice colorful screen when you can reduce the experience to the bare minimum of text messages of the previous decade. You can also email coupons or use snail mail or have have them print it out.

Bottom line - Apps the absolutely the BEST user experience to deliver coupons.  

Zvika

RSS

Social Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Sales Management Professionals sharing Internet strategies and tactics

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

ADM Community is Proud of our Sponsors

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

ADM Events

April 2014
SMTWTFS

Your Support for ADM Sponsors helps Fund Scholarships and Events

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service