Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

Does anyone have some feedback on a company that can create a custom iPhone app for a dealer group that allows people to book a service appointment, browse their inventory, apply for financing, etc.? 

They have a dozen stores so the app would need to accomodate routing to each store properly.

I see many companies advertising iPhone apps but I wanted to get feedback from ADM members  who have them up and running.

I am also interested to see if these iPad apps have helped increase online service appoint setting.

Tags: apps, iphone

Views: 622

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Brian,
My company currently offers Mobile Web Sites that work on 90% of mobile devices, not only the phones that support apps. So far we are offering Inventory with pictures and videos, Specials and Coupons, Map and Directions, touch to call, and a contact form that can be used for Sales inquiries, Parts inquiries/orders and/or Service Appointments. I have always had doubts about making customers load an app to see your site or make contact. So we have gone with the mobile site approach basically duplicating the critical parts of your full-size website. Having said all that we are also writing apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices that will tie in real-time to our web site backend tool as well as our CRM tool. So before you purchase an app think about how you are going to get people to know about and download your app. You may need additional marketing to get the app to takeoff. Hope this helps a little, have you contacted your current provider? Let me know if you want to know more...
Check out MobileApploader.com

Subscription Setup $69.99 $199.99 $299.99
Monthly $7.99 $10.99 $16.99
- OR -
Purchase for 3 years One time $261.99 $463.75 $707.75
Please keep in mind the important differences between an App and a Mobile site:

1. With a mobile site it will not be posted to the iTunes App store and will not reach the millions of customers downloading apps through this medium every day. An iPhone application is posted on the iTunes App store and is visible to millions of people worldwide.

2. A mobile site is housed on a Server which your iPhone accesses in order to show information. With a mobile site you are subject to speed and page loading issues as well as if your iPhone has no internet connection you cannot access the site. The Dealerapp iPhone application is a real application that is downloaded and saved on your phone or iPod touch. This means - no speed or performance issues and it works even if your phone has no internet connection.

3. Mobile sites have to optimize images and graphics in order to attempt to increase speed and performance which usually results in lower quality or basic design elements. Dealerapp is an application that is installed on the iPhone or iPod Touch device which enables us to design High Quality, Polished images and graphics resulting in a great looking application to represent your business.

Despite these differences, it is strongly recommended for every business to have a mobile friendly site. It is a perfect complement to having an App. The stats show that people download Apps for their car dealers all of the time. These facts come straight from the dealers that have Apps and from their customers.

Also, as you review different options as far as App developers, keep in mind that an App is as good as its quality, flexibility and functionality. You get what you pay for.
By far the Notifications with Coupons is the killer feature for the Apps.
check out for yourself at: http://mobileapploader.com/myapp/notificationlearn.aspx

At MobileAppLoader we built more then 200 App for car dealerships feel free to check our offering at :http://mobileapploader.com/myapp/AppsCategories.aspx?tag=Automotive

Please feel free to get in touch with me Contact@mobileapploader.com. I'll send you references of dealerships that are using our App.

Zvika 408 844 4696
I am a dealer and i think apps and mobile sites are both very implortant for differnt reasons. Depending on the end user-our customers. Looks like many of you are looking at this from your own standpoint and not considering that customers in the dealership use their mobile devices very differntly. Some might prefers apps while others will just go directly to the mobile site.

We have a mobile site, iphone app and Droid app. All 3 provide very differnt functions. The analytics are seperate so that i can track all 3. The mobile site gets as many hits as our iphone app gets downloads per day. We used Mobileapploader.com and Zvika was awesome with getting it set up.

Hi Brian,

Take a look at www.DealershipApps.com We have created an app that does everything that you are asking for and more. The app is white labeled, no ads, full inventory search. Add favorites, make offers, apply now, view carfax's (if dealer sponsored) etc.Stop in and take a look at our 5 minute demo video.

Pricing:

$199 Setup Fee

$99 A month (no contracts)

Hello Brian,

Feed free to take a look at www.MobileAppLoader.comhttp://mobileapploader.com/myApp/AppsCategories1.aspx?tag=Automotive

our Silver model is $249 setup and only $11 per month and our Platinum model including Notifications and Customer Chat is $349 setup and $20 per month. No contract in both cases. 

Please let know if you need more info.

Thanks 

Zvika MobileAppLoader

Yes, I know of one...www.specialtymobileapps.com, fully custom, flexible, and affordable. Check it out.

Initial setup fee of $999 (Regularly $1995) and $99 is affordable?

Where at www.MobileAppLoader.com for half of this price and you get iPhone, iPad and Android Apps with Notifications, Customer Chat and Content management system. 

Not to be argumentative...I was under the impression the host of this post was looking for suggestions, I know of many large companies that have chosen their apps. "Just because a bike is loud...doesn't mean its a Harley! "
Hi Jeff, I couldn't find any of their App on the App store. Could direct me to any of their Apps?
I ran across this site the other day... It looks like they have a great app as well.

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting & Coaching
Select the maximum amount you want to pay each month
$ USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top 5 Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions - 30 Days

2. QR Codes - Untapped Potential?

Posted by Heather Gallay on September 30, 2014

4. SEO vs. SEM - Are advertising companies taking advantage of dealerships?

Posted by Sarah Draley-Davis on August 13, 2008

5. Dealership Website SEO

Posted by Kim Essenmacher on February 15, 2014

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service