Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

Hi all. I have been posting a lot more content lately, including daily tips from my travels on internet marketing. I've been rotating between here, DrivingSales, and DealerElite and wondered if that's the right approach.

I know many of us are members of those three and others and I personally don't like seeing duplicate posts across all of them. There are exceptions - industry news, webinars, poll questions, etc - but for the most part I write a post for one network and see what happens. I might repost the content on another network in the future if it's relevant, but I like to post one type of content here (anything controversial or "groundbreaking"), another type of content on DrivingSales (comprehensive How-To posts, normally), and something entirely different on DealerElite (quick, dealer-centric tips and tricks).

Am I crazy? Should I be posting everything on every network every time? I see more and more duplicate and/or regurgitated content hitting all of the networks at the same time. Is that the best way to go? It obviously makes for increased exposure of a message, but I don't believe that just because we're all automotive professionals that we go to each network for the same reasons.

Tell me I'm right. Tell me I'm full of crap. Tell me something.

Views: 815

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

For the record, since this conversation has come back up I've stepped back and watched the responses carefully. Truth be told, I've changed my ways since October of this year. It was something that I learned at AutoCon2012 - the audiences are comprised of different people but the goals are very similar. At the end of the day we're all car people.

In October, almost a year after starting this discussion, I began a cross-posting style that is designed for maximum exposure of the ideas and tips that I post. I start at one network, then expand it over time. Anything that's time sensitive gets posted close together, but the rest are often spread out over weeks, even months into the different networks as they stay or become more relevant. For example, I posted a discussion on ADM on December 14, edited it slightly and posted it again on Driving Sales on December 15, then edited it again and posted it on Dealer Elite yesterday. This is an important topic and I've learned that different people check the networks on different days. You can't reach everyone by posting it all at once, particularly when it's a topic that requests feedback from the industry.

Good show, JD!

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting & Coaching
Select the maximum amount you want to pay each month
$ USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top 5 Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions - 30 Days

2. Dealership Website SEO

Posted by Kim Essenmacher on February 15, 2014

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service