Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

We are looking to make a move within a week on a new CRM tool.  It will be used across four to five rooftops in three states and five franchises.  The two main focus' are accountability and long-term contact for the Sales Teams as well as equity mining.  We have demo'd Dealerpeak, Vinsolutions, and ADP.  We are currently on ADP for our DMS.  We currently have Vin for inventory, ILM and website.  Does anyone have feedback-good or bad-on CRM from Vin or ADP?

Tags: ADP, CRM, Vinsolutions, equity, mining

Views: 841

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Sarah

If you give me a call I can help guide your audit of possible choices.

Brian Pasch

If you need some help and advice feel free to message me or give me a call.  I have used most CRM systems at one point or another.  As a BDC/eCommerce director, trainer and consultant that helps dealers in that area I have an opinion about all of them.  I have my list of top 5 and top 10.  I also have my list of the bottom 5 as well.  Automotive CRM is one of my specialties.

Stan Sher

(732)925-8362

I personally haven't used VIN, but have seen their demos. I'm not familiar with Dealerpeak. We use ADP CRM and I don't like it. In terms of data mining it doesn't seem effective and to supplement it we've been using Auto Alert. I've been trying to use the tools we have to do more than just finding prospects by some criteria and sending a blast, but to fine tune the records for future campaigns so they grow in effectiveness. Right now the problem is my best data mining is in AA, but I have to export and perform a campaign via outlook and I'm unable to feed the results back into ADP CRM. This process is wrong on so many levels. I think I can solve this with another CRM, but we're in a contract. If you don't want a similar problem my advice is to not go with ADP. 

Dave,

Thanks for the insight!  Is the data mining just too clunky in ADP or is it hard to actually send an email blast through their system?  One of my main concerns is that ADP is server based-not web based-and that could cause major issues with delivery.  When I started in the business 7 years ago, I was in a BDC that used LSI and it was horrible.  I have an eerie feeling that some of the same concerns could happen with ADP. 

Another question I hope you can help me with is the templates within ADP.  When we demo'd last week they said that we would be building all of our own templates from scratch.  What are your thoughts on the content capabilites of ADP?

My pleasure Sarah, Data mining seems to exist as a report, but doing something with this report seems extremely difficult (hence our need for the rather hefty expense of auto alert). I'd ask them to show you how you can pull up some specific criteria and walk you through the steps of doing something with it such as an email blast or assigning users to a call campaign on that criteria in the CRM. To me it looks like you have to export the data. It's something I recently inherited so some of what I say may be due to a lack of training so I should ask them to show me too:)

For templates it's really basic. There's no drag and drop or anything like that. If you want to send a really rich and lively ad you'll probably need to do it separately as an image and insert the image into the template builder. Your mail server or IT manager may not be too happy with this. Also, I've learned the hard way to make sure the guy that does our ad doesn't do it as multiple images for each special, but one entire image. I don't think sending an image is the best solution as it increases the chances of it being spam filtered and it won't help that you'll probably have the image as a link which increases the chance of being spam filtered even more. I think it's also safe to say you won't have any useful reporting data of open rates or what specials were clicked on your email blast. 

Thank you so much Dave!  Definitely good things to ask ADP about before moving forward with anything.  If I found out how to effectively send bulk mail from their CRM, I'll let you know.  :)

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

William B. Terry
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

SaveSave

ADM Professional Services
Phone Consultation
Topic or Issue:

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

1. BDC or Virtual BDC

Posted by Peter Stratton on February 26, 2020

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2020   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service