Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
I have noticed a few things in the past few weeks in regards to posting on Craigslist.

I am finding that the "ghosting" and flagging has run rampant and has casued my marketing through this site to dwindle.

But I have noticed a no signs of decrease in ad quantity from other dealers.

My question is, "How is this so?"

Is there a magic wand that is being waved over the posters laptop that allows his/her post to sneak through the filters and flaggers at Craigslist?

Anyone kind enough to share the secret here?

Views: 154

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

I have seen less ghosting on listings I loaded very early in the morning before 7:00 am and after 10:00 pm.

I haven't exactly measured it but I have noticed the difference.

Also it seems if I use year make model and a generic descriptor for the title it gets flagged less. There was a guy in my market posting down payment or monthly payment in the title instead of price and his ads were getting flagged almost everytime.
Do you see an issue with your posts becoming "buried" by posting so early and late?

I always go back and check my ads to make sure that they are in fact live, and usually, by the time the page loads (every 11 minutes I have found) my ad is already close to the bottom of the page.

Once my ad sits on the second page or beyond (buried) the responses start to get silent, and I must repost.

But the flagging is sick and I have learned that there are some competitors that are flagging my ads through free services on the net. Really no way to fight that.

But I will start earlier and finish later in my posting to see if that helps.

Thank you
One thing that has helped us with the dealer postings we manage is that we segment postings into the hot times of the day. We get the data on how many times each ad get viewed and it gives some great insight.

For example we know that in Jacksonville Fl ads posted between 10am - 2pm get a great response where as ads posted in Fransisco posted later in the day seem to do better.

To avoid flagging and ghosting accurate descriptions and prices seem to minimize this.

Auto flagging by competitors can and will be a problem. Chances are you could move to a differnet market for a period of time to see if that is the case. If it is craigslist flagging your ads you need a new ip address to post from. The only real way to know for sure is the market area change.
I have used four computers and three different ISP's to post from on Craigslist. I was having a problem with ghosting so I only post from one computer and keep the same ip address now.

We have received more leads from our older Craigslist ads than the fresh ones.
Well, I am noticing some behavior that is a bit intense from other dealerships.

It is aggrevating because I can not seem to replicate their posting abilities.

There are a few dealerships that are advertising up to 20 vehicles at a time! I have tried this and none of my ads are going live. Is there something happening here that I am missing?

How is one person able to post som many ads at once, then turn around and do it again 5 or 6 times a day without getting stopped?

I would love your input.
Don,
How are you creating your ads? Are you copying and pasting html, manually loading them on craigslist, or are you using software?
Can you send us a link to one of your current ads?
I have an html table that I fill out with an html editor for each and every ad that goes out. And I copy and and paste the ad from the editor to Craigslist. I do not use any posting softwares or macros to post.

The ads will get flagged relatively quickly, so a link to an active ad is not possible.

The ads are unique enough to pass Craigslist duplicate content filter.

Some ads have a link, and others do not.

But, the main problem here is fighting with other posters who post 20 ads at a time and knocking our ads off of the first page, and quickly send them to deeper pages, where they ultimately get flagged.

Are you able to post multiple ads at one time?

Are these done through Craigslist accounts?

And how many off them are are the Phone Verified variety?

Also, I use postlets an awful lot as well. Not seeing any real changes. And I am posting manually, about 6 ads per IP address and using a different email address too. I do not use CL accounts.
Hmm sounds like a lot of work for bad results.

We create a single account if needed. Sometimes it has to be phone verified but ads stay live.

I am hazzarding a guess here. Are you using your inventory providers photo urls?

If so you are creating a footprint that is easy to zap.

We take your inventory and create ads with them that are unique and on an account that you do not have to manage after set up.

Paul Rushing
912-266-1629
I think that there is one thing that is being missed here. Your time. For most of the IM's on here, their main job is to sell cars or make sure that their team is doing that. If you are spending alot of your time to post your cars on CraigsList.org, Backpage.com or kijiji.com, that is taking away from time that you can spend following up with leads, calling your sold customers, or doing one-on-one's with your sales people. On the other hand, you do not want to miss out on one of the most popular free classified sites that is on the web that is showing some of the best closing ratio's out there. Depending on the size of your inventory, you can have this done for around $300 as a turn key, hands off deal. And that price can vary, depending on what you want. But the ad's are posted, taken down, they avoid being flagged, and deliver lots of results. It is just one more thing that lets you focus more on selling cars. Let me know if you are interested. Thanks!

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

William B. Terry
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

SaveSave

ADM Professional Services
Phone Consultation
Topic or Issue:

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2020   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service