Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders
HISTORY OF THE CELL PHONE...
- 1922: The police in Chicago experimented a radio telephone which broadcast at a frequency just above the AM radio band.
- 1940: The US Army Signal Corps communicated via radio in the field during wartime.
- 1959: Reginald Blevins, the Postmaster General of the UK, inaugurates the first radio telephone service for motorists.
- 1983: Motorola's DynaTAC 8000X: Was world's first handheld mobile phone. It became an instant cultural icon, both as a status symbol for the rich (thanks to the $3995 retail price - $8657 in 2009 dollars).
- 1989: Motorola MicroTAC 9800X: The first truly portable phone. Up until its release, most cellular phones were installed as car phones due to the inability to fit.
- 1992: Motorola International 3200: The first digital hand-size mobile phone.
- 1993: BellSouth: The IBM Simon was the first PDA/Phone combo.
- 1996: Motorola StarTAC: The first clamshell cellular phone. Also one of the first display screens featured on a cell.
- 1998: Nokia 5110: This cell phone was the most popular consumer model at the time of its release and for some time afterwards.
- 1999: Nokia 3210: The internal antenna and predictive T9 text messaging sold approximately 160 million of these phones.
- 2000: Nokia 3310: This popular phone sold 126 million models, and was particularly popular in Europe.
- 2001: Ericsson T39: This tiny handset was the first Bluetooth-capable phone.
- 2002: Nokia 6310i: The 6310i quickly gained popularity in the corporate world for its simplicity and long battery life.
- 2003: Blackberry Quark 6210: Research in Motion's first integrated phone/PDA.
- 2004: Motorola Razor V3: When this was introduced, it set the standard for sleek design industry.
- 2005: HTC Universal: This was the first 3G Pocket PC phone at HTC and the first to come with Windows Mobile.
- 2006: Blackberry Pearl: The first design-conscious entry from RIM, the Pearl is still being offered on the market today.
- 2007: iPhone: It had an auto-rotate, a multi-touch sensor, a touch interface, and many other features that helped to give Apple an almost instant healthy market share on its release.
- 2008: iPhone 3G: The iPhone 3G was made even more desirable by all the apps that could be purchased for it in the AppStore.
- 2009: iPhone 3GS: Its features primarily consist of faster performance, a camera with higher resolution & video ability, voice control & support for 7.2 Mbit/s.
- 2010: iPhone 4: It was particularly marketed for video calling & consumption of media & incorporated an uninsulated stainless steel frame & aluminosilicate glass.
- 2011: iPhone 4S: It featured voice recognizing and talking assistant called Siri, personal computer independence & cloud-sources data (iCloud).
- 201X: iPhone 5: Yet to come, but will feature Sleeker design, a laser keyboard & holographic display.
PLEASE ANSWER QUESTIONS IN COMMENT BELOW: