Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

Tags: Automotive Purchase, Automotive Stimulus, Car Sales, Cash For Clunkers, Stimulus Legislation

Views: 75

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

This is going to help out!!! WE have had a similar program in texas for about 2 years now, and we get alot of traffic from that. This is great!
Hi Ralph,
Great idea I just secured the name CashforClunkersBuffalo.com
Setting up an information site sponsored by Transitowne KIA
Put up some photos of Mauro "working" LOL! He said to say Hi!
Mike,

That is GREAT! I believe the dealers who provide Cash For Clunkers information now, before the legislation is signed by the president, will be the dealers who will benefit the most before the funding is all used up!
While e-blasts are overused and underwhelming a good majority of the time, the minute this legislation is passed, dealers should consider reaching out to their existing customer base and educating them.
I'm a strong proponent of this bill - for the most part. I was blogging about this five months ago when Germany was finally releasing all of their new vehicle sales results as a nation after bringing aboard a similar program.
Great thinking, Mike. Microsites dedicated to this program, if optimized right, could bring in some major revenue.
I would say you are right Joe. We will be preparing a major effort with focus on customers who own a vehicle that qualifies. We would like more sales. The timing will be good for us as well if they launch it the first of July. Typically the start of the quarter is a little rough because we will take 100's of customers out of the market in the next 2 weeks. This will generate a lot of activity.
So what exactly happens to these cars when they are turned in, does the dealer get to resell them or are they taken off to be scrapped? I had read somewhere that they would be taken off the roads.
I have read that the vehicles will have to go to a salvage yard and the motor and tranny will have to be scrapped.
Hey, I agree we have to be going first.... Any ideas to share on marketing your dealership above others in your market.... I just bought several domain names to get started. We should share some ideas.
One of the most important things will be defining the vehicles in your customer base that qualify! Did anyone else get the email from Sandi Jerome yesterday with an offer for the database of vehicles that qualify? I emailed Sandi and it seems as if she has pur together a database of the over 8000 eligible vehicles. She is also going to be offering a service where a dealer can send her a spreadsheet of all the customers who have been in thier service department for the last three years...and she will send back a spreadsheet informing the dealer of which vehicles will qualify. Without this type of data I don't see how a dealer will be able to benefit to the fullest.
Sandi's website address is www.crsauto.com
There is also a large list on edmunds.com that shows qualifying vehicles based on the current information. The reviewed our database for just a range of year models and we have a large list that we will be able to work. The questions is how many of these people are still driving these vehicles?
The list at Edmunds is only a little over 1000 vehicles. What Edmunds does not do is break down the different models by engine...etc..So you could have a 1997 Audi A8 with a 4.2 Liter V8 that qualifies...but the Audi A8 with the 3.7 Liter does not. We need to make sure we don't get a customer in the door and find out they don't qualify cause we haven't done our due diligence. This is probably why Sandi Jerome's list has over 8000 vehicles?
Finney,

Polk can assist in determining who is still driving vehicles......we have a process that can "infer" if a vehcile tied to a consumer in a retailers database is still being driven by that consumer!

Call Polk at 248-728-7000 and ask for the Retail group!

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

William B. Terry
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

SaveSave

ADM Professional Services
Phone Consultation
Topic or Issue:

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

Microsoft Office PowerPoint

© 2020   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

google.com, pub-1344093271332697, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 google.com, pub-1344093271332697, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0