Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!

Hello everyone, I am just now getting back into the business after being out for 4 years. My dealership is thinking about implementing a BDC from scratch. I have sales manager, internet manager experience from the past however I have not set up a new department before. Can someone advise me on what has been successful in todays market? My owner has committed to a company to come in and set us up, I'm looking for advice from successful BDC's in todays market on staff size, responsibilities, pay structure ect... We sit down with the company in a couple of weeks and I want to have some ideas beforehand. Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated, thanks!

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Hire experienced receptionists for each spot in the BDC. They can handle the phones and set appointments. They don't typically handle price quoting which is a good thing. They are a professional trained voice for your business.

Thanks Jason, thats pretty much what the company setting it up told us to look for. We're going to look in house at the people we have then maybe look outside for someone with more phone experience than sales.

You have a huge challenge by the way.  You have two brands that are heavily influenced by the OEM.

Ford with Ford digital marketing and Chrysler with Shift Digital.  This is great experience for you to learn best practices from two OEMs and to see how you can think outside the box to make them work for each brand.  Here is what you need to do.  Learn what you can.  Test your market.  Test your process.  Improve the processes.  Dominate your market.

script, script, script. i think it depends on HOW INVOLVED you want the BDC. phone up / web lead / chat lead are different sides to the same coin, and i still believe in tom stuker's training that the goal of a phone up is to set an appointment.

that said, you can't ignore that 100% of the research tells us that customers really just want a price. there are 20 ways to work around that, but even the strongest phone pro has to oblige the prospect in some cases. just because customers want something doesn't mean we automatically give it to them.

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service