ADM serves Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing Pros and Internet Sales Managers
We are looking for a training program for our BDC. We have had a small internet and beginning of adding service department in place and would like to open a true BDC. It would house the internet department but also all of the sales prospecting including incoming and outgoing calls would happen in there. We would also be focusing on increasing our service department opportunities as well. This would also be a place for training opportunities within our dealership. I have the support and buy in of all of the management including the General Manager, this is huge because in my experience and research this is where it typically fails. I looked into the Traver training system but it seems outdated and not up to the minute like I am looking for. It is essential that we set it up right the first time and so we are willing to not throw it together quickly but rather do it the right way. My past experience is in Sales, Sales Management, Finance Management and untilmately as a General Sales Manager. So my need is not in the basics but more in the advanced setting. Has anyone found success out there with a quality, knowledge filled training program. I need the assistance in the area of building and implementing. Not so much in the how to answer, how to call area etc. While I am not ignorant to the fact that we all need constant training, I am not looking for someone to come in and reverberate what I already know. I want a 100+ internet department and a prospecting culture. I realize this takes time but with the support of the entire staff ( in a low turn over store) I see no reason why we cannot make this a successful venture. We are a multi-point store with forward minded leadership. I am open to any and all suggestions!!!!
I should clarify I am looking for off site training and not an in house consultation. That may be a need down the road but not right now.
Many of our groups are using David Kain's team from kainautomotive.com and all are raving fans. We measure the phone side of their performance and can attest to their effectiveness.
I would recommend David Kain as well for the following reasons:
1) Experience-David and his family are all car people with a family dealership that has been in operation for years. You will find there are a lot of Internet trainers in the market place but very few who have much experience in sales/f&i management and even fewer that have worked with the fixed ops side of the business.
2) Solid fundamentals. David works with many manufacturers and knows what works and does not, and what can get you into a whole lot of trouble if you are not careful.
3) A great fisherman. David will teach you how to fish rather than throw you a fish. He is not a product pusher.
4) Flexibility. David has a team of verify qualified people who all have real dealership experience and are experts in what they do. He can train in-house, he holds annual training seminars for his clients and offers monitoring and collaborative programs to fit just about any size dealership.
5) Scalability. Because of his experience and years in the business, he understands the needs of small dealerships as well as large ones. He does not use a one size fits all approach, he employs a program that outlines growth objectives and provides the milestones to help you hire the right people at the right time for the right price.
It seems like you have a good idea of what you want to accomplish. As far as how you want to handle when, where and how to train, I would suggest visiting his website and giving David a call. Share your ideas with him and see what he can do for you.
Phone Ninjas would love to give you a demo of what we do. Our product would be perfect for what you are looking for.
Please send me an email and I'll arrange for a demo that will take 15 minutes of your time. My email is jerry at phoneninjas dot com.
Just my two cents. Take Jerry up on this. The value of what Phone Ninja's deliver is much more then two cents.
Both David Kain and PhoneNinjas are highly recommended.
I recommend not to make it so easy for Jerry and his Phone Ninjas, See who can compete with his state of art program. It will only make them better.
I just came across your post. I am not sure if you are still looking for a training solution or not. But I wanted to mention that I am launching a virtual training solution for auto dealers, specifically for internet and BDC departments. It is simple, cost effective, and personalized to cater to your demand. Please send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org so that we can setup a time to discuss. Thanks.