Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

I would like to share with you some things I am working on with one of my clients. This is something we started just two weeks ago and is moving along very nicely. Below are several ways we are using VIDEO with their INVENTORY:

As visitors browse through their inventory, they will see a VIDEO link on the specific vehicles that have videos: Real video walk-arounds are so much more engaging for the consumer than a slide show walk-around and also gives them the chance to introduce themselves and tell the consumer about the vehicle as if they were right there with them.

Once the person clicks on the vehicle, it displays the vehicle details, additional pictures and a video:
Being able to not only view additional pictures once they click on the vehicle details page but in this example using VinSolutions inventory management system, they also have the video they created, upfront and center for the consumer to click and watch.

Create a YouTube account: Once they upload the pictures and video into VinSolutions, the videos are automatically sent to their YouTube account with the correct info, links and tags. Besides watching the videos, consumers can also Subscribe to their videos, read about the dealership and click directly to their website from their YouTube page.

Google Search Results: By having video walk-arounds of not only their USED vehicles but also their NEW vehicles, when people search for vehicles, their YouTube videos will not only show up in the organic search results with a thumbnail of the video for people to click on but it also displays the dealerships information.

.....once they click on their video, it takes them to this page:

Real Video walk arounds automatically sent to AutoTrader!

One of the other HUGE benefits of doing real video walk arounds is the capability of sending them to AutoTrader.  Once you upload your video walk around using this system and special camera, the software takes care of the rest!  It will automatically send your video to AutoTrader just like it does to YouTube!  AutoTrader did a good job of displaying the video link on their site – it’s a tab right next to the Photos tab.

As of June of 2008, vehicles with video on AutoTrader get 15% more emails, 3% more map look ups, 15% more printable vehicle details and 20% more vehicle detail views.

Once the consumer clicks on the video tab, it displays the video controls so they can click on play, pause, stop, forward, rewind and a volume control:

Views: 956

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

I tried to reply to this last night but Comcast was having some serious issues with my Internet... Check out the video section of KiaCommunity I think that is all of the videos I have done on new cars! Feel free to share. It's amazing how far Kia has come in just the last year, I have read that the oldest model is going to be the Borrego by 2011! Borrego is one of the nicest vehicles out there ESPECIALLY for the money... It DESTROYS the competition across the street at my Dodge store for $20,000 less!
@Josh - You are my ADM Professional Hero of the week! (so far)

I really believe Kia sales in the USA are going to grow by double digits each of the next 3 years...
@Ralph- THANK YOU!

As for Kia, they will continue to gain market share as long as they remain competitive. Honda and Toyota started their companies much the same way as Hyundai and Kia. Started off as the low priced leader and offered the gas mileage people were not getting with the American competition. In the 60s no-one thought Hondas would sell then in 73' we had a crisis which put Honda on the map and they are still on the Map (in a big way).

Kia continues to offer vehicles that impress the public as well as beat their competitions price points. For the same price as a base Civic you can purchase a pretty well equipped Forte, seems reasonable! Oh... Don't even mention the warranty, thats the icing on the cake.
Hey Josh. I checked out your videos. Very nicely done. I really like your facebook and twitter pages which in turn made me make some chages as well.

On the funny side as a matter of habbit I like to check out other stores web sites. Looking a rontonkinkia.com I was amazed to see a series of commercials on your front page. The funny part is that those commercials were originally cut for Brondes Ford in Toledo Ohio. After the agreement ran out they started selling the footage to other dealers similar to the Trunk Monkey. We recieved a lot of feed back, positive and negative. Most of the negative came from the "Shooting a Midget out of a Canon" and Nude Commercials. I'm not sure that it sold many more cars but we had fun.
I don't know who that guy is but he isn't funny, I think he is more annoying than anything (probably not him personally, but his role in the commercials). Tonkin Corporate is so "Hands-on" when it comes to my Facebook and other sites. They want to edit EVERYTHING and make sure their image isn't hurt by anything I'm puting out there. Then they make commercials like this...

CLICK HERE
A lot of us felt the same way. It will be old news before long. If they paid what we paid, it won't take long. The commercial with Billy Dee was made for the Super Bowl that year and ran 50k alone.
Haha that is one of the worst one's... HAHA. I'm sure they spent the same money. I guess since I have no idea who Billy Dee that doesn't help either. $50,000 jesus you could have paid two people for one year to sit on you social media pages and reply to questions and post pictures.
Yea I thought I that was awful. It did'nt make any sense, to me that is. Just so you know, Billy Dee was Lando Calrissian in Star Wars and many other shows.

You may have missed it, maybe not. I have looked everywhere for how to set the videos on the right so that only my vids show and cannot find a setting. How did you do that? I would really appreciate it but I understand if it's a secret.
No secret just use the same tags on each video. Because we have a Kia and Dodge dealership across the street from eachother I used tags for each, we can sell from either store. This is what I have started using:

Portland Gresham Beaverton Vancouver Gladstone Milwaukie Oregon City Estacada Tonkin Ed Brad Ron Kia Motors USA Cars Car Trucks Truck SUV SUVs Minivan Parts Dealerships Dealership 2008 2009 2010 Accessories New Used Pre-Owned Service Warranty America Deal Rebate Rebates Roadside Assistance Forte Soul Spectra Sorento Borrego Rondo Rio Sportage Koup Sedona Amanti Optima Autocheck CarFax Fax Dodge Ram 1500 2500 3500 Durango Journey Charger Challenger Caliber Caravan Cummins Hemi Avenger Nitro

You can use the same style. You may notice that I used surrounding cities because someone might search for "Used Cars in Beaverton" Beaverton is about 15 minutes away, we are in a tiny city (Gladstone) between Oregon City and Milwaukie. The chance of someone looking for a car in Gladstone alone is really small so I wanted to touch the outlying areas.

If you wanted to go through your exsisting videos and add your new tags they will all show up on the same page. You could start, from now on they will group together.

YouTube looks at tags and decides that they are related. If you had a Civic on there and all you put in is "Good Deal Low Miles Excellent Experience" how many other Dealer's have tags like that? Probably a lot.

The problem (more or less) with YouTube is that most of the viewers are not going to be local AT ALL. I get more hits from California than Oregon. But people aren't necessarily looking to buy a car when they go to YouTube. They are trying to find others that have that car and did a review or a drive test.

The good news is that the more you utilitize the tags the better your chances to get on the Google front page when someone types in 2006 Civic in ___.

Hope this helps.
Now I feel like an idiot. I had been doing something similar and changed things up in order to get pulled based on area competition. I like that a lot better and will work it on as many as possible again. It works that way almost religiously on our heavy trucks. Last count I had 130 trucks on line. All F250s or 350s. I have no idea why but I actually have a few that have been watched over 28000 times each. It's funny to me because I thought it was awful and I shot it last winter.

Do you take old vids down. Some have suggested that I leave them up for the numbers and potential traffic, just mark them as sold. Not real sure about that. Have to see what Ralph thinks about that one.

Thanks again and ask your boss where the heck the Midget / Canon commercial is. If you want to see it type " Brondes Commercials ". Last I saw it was still there. That stupid thing caused more commotion than any of the commercials that we had done.
Haven't seen that one (Midget Commercial), they probably didn't use it.

As for old videos I have been leaving them up BUT I go back through about once a week and add SOLD SOLD SOLD to the beginning of the description. Obviously it draws more traffic because the videos with more views show up first.

I think using the same tags on each video locks them in and every video they click on after that is going to be one of yours.

They might be looking for a Ram 2500 but when they watch your video and find that it doesn't have a power seat they might see a F250 that has it...

You wouldn't want them finding a Laramie 2500 just down the street from you when you have an F250 that has the same options.
Is anyone using the Cars.com ability to upload videos? We just had a training here a few weeks ago and they mentioned it. When I asked our rep she told us it's an additional $300 charge...

$300 to have the ability to upload? Seriously? That seems a little steep to me. You have to shoot the video and upload it. Why are they charging? Why can't we just add the link to our videos? It wouldn't cost them ANYTHING other than a little re-formatting on their end to add a button.

A simple YouTube logo would be sufficient and we could add the link. Click on it and BOOM a new page with the video of your car.

Too simple???

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

William B. Terry
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

SaveSave

ADM Professional Services
Phone Consultation
Topic or Issue:

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2020   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service