Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!
Convention wisdom is that motorcycle marketing is about 5 years behind automotive practices. Some dealers, more like 20 years. There are still a few with NO WEB SITE yet. I follow ADM to get ideas for best new developments and techniques and then adapt to the two-wheeled world.

There is a lot that's different too. The focus on lifestyle and events isn't the same. The purchase motivations definitely are different. But in the end it still is all about happy customers out there burnin' gas and killing bugs in our vehicles.

I was just wondering if there were other forward thinking motorcycle marketers on this site.

Views: 97

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Hello Reyn,

I have worked with American Honda on Digital Marketing and Lead Management for motorcycle dealers, and every once in awhile get a chance to reengage with several Honda MC Team people. I enjoyed training MC dealers and their annual dealer shows are a blast!

When you mention the impact of enthusiasts, that is what I normally explain to car dealers is the primary difference that I have seen... MC dealers are very enthusiastic about their products and most of them were users and hard core enthusiasts before they became dealers.

I stay in contact with several MC dealers and although they do not have the budgets that many car dealers have, they do a much better job with lead management.
Important Announcement:

Effective immediately, Reynolds Mansson has taken a position as Marketing Director at NEW ORLEANS HARLEY-DAVIDSON. This position includes media planning, event production, social media and reputation management and internet sales coordinator.

Reynolds will be relocating to New Orleans on Aug, 1, 2010

M2 MotoMedia will continue to provide ad design work and media sales for a limited number of clients.

New Orleans Harley-Davidson
6015 Airline Dr
Metairie, LA 70003
866-751-2695 office
210-259-9916 cell
reynmansson@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/reyn1
twitter.com/reynmansson
Ralph added two new Business Categories last night - Motorcycle Dealer and Powersports Dealer - Thanks very much, changed my profile to reflect - now back to writing my first radio spot for NO HD....
Face it, You have always wanted to own a Harely!

[idling big twin sound in background, potato-potato-potato, very low blues music bed]

Right now is the best time

The Harley-Davidson Motorcycle you want is on sale right now at New Orleans Harley-Davidson in Metarie.

[ add special offer]

We need used bikes too, so ride on over to New Orleans Harley-Davidson on Airline Drive in Metarie today and ride home on your new Harley

[sound of Harley roaring away]

Work in progress

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service