Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

First of all, I want to express my condolences to the family of Karry Moore... As much as so many of us who worked with Karry admired and respected him, we know that our affection for Karry is but a fraction of the love his family had for him.

I learned that Karry Moore passed away on Sunday after a fierce battle with cancer, a disease that has taken my own mother and grandfather.  Karry fought cancer with a fierce passion and a will to live, but in the end, higher powers prevailed and now we have lost one of the most charismatic and likable leaders within the auto industry.  I will miss Karry a lot... He is one of those rare men that light up every room he walks into, whether it is a conference room for a board meeting, a dealership for a presentation or simply the home of a mutual friend.  I met Karry a few years ago when I was at ADP Dealer Services.  He is partners with AJ LeBlanc at Car-Mercial and inspired much of the work I did during my last year at ADP developing a social media marketing program that made heavy use of video and syndication through multiple video hosting channels.  Karry Moore is a true "Thought Leader" in all nuances of how you might interpret that title. 

I suppose if you are around long enough you see a few people pass away before their time would seem to be due... But, losing Karry is particularly acute because he was always so full of life, the picture of men's health and as vibrant an individual as you would ever want to meet.  I truly liked Karry Moore and always enjoyed every opportunity to work with him, have conversations about the business and listen to him describe what he was working on at Car-Mercial.

Many of us are going to miss this man, a lot.

Tags: Karry, Moore

Views: 553

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

Here here Ralph...so many true words...but the one that has been sticking with me all day is yes he sure could light up a room with that ever present smile. A smile is what I will have whenever I fondly remember him.

I knew Karry very well from my Dealer Synergy days.  He was a great guy and fun to be around.  He will be missed.

There are many people, including me, who are going to miss Karry Moore... He will long be remembered as one of those who illuminated many thoughts and ideas for people throughout his personal and professional life.

Ralph,

As we grow old we will see more good people leave us. I would like to encourage you to build a place in ADM where the ones that have an impact on that the car industry is related to our work (the digital community, tools, companies, etc) have a place to be remebered by what they build and their legacy for the rest of us.

Sorry for my poor choice in the sequence of words. The closer a thought is to my heart the harder is to convert from Spanish to English, but I hope I got my message across.

Yago, excellent idea... I suppose that death is an integral part of life, and one of the things that mark our humanity is the respect we show for those who have helped move civilization and industry to a higher level.  We will figure out how to act upon your suggestion.

Great thoughts Ralph. I met Karry only a few times but he was generous with his time and feedback and what energy. Yago, a good idea. We tend to keep moving forward at such a rapid place that we should at times remember those who have helped pave the way. My thoughts go out to his family.

The time spent with Karry for me was awesome. As Ralph said, what a vibrant top shelf man. I didn't know him even a year and this has greatly impacted me. Head check and looking at where I am going in life. As Chip King said in another post, kiss your kids and hug your wife. He's right. 

On the brighter side, I want to thank Karry. The 10 or so days we spent interacting and this moment of levity now, answers the question I have always asked myself in life. What do I aspire to be in life? I want to be like Karry. I want to be known to have had the passion of ten men, and the heart of a village of mothers. And I want people to remember me like I do him, if even for a short time. 

Thank you Karry, you will never be forgotten.

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

William B. Terry
Rated by Super Lawyers

loading ...

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

SaveSave

ADM Professional Services
Phone Consultation
Topic or Issue:

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2020   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service