Automotive Digital Marketing

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders

Loading... Be Patient!

O.K. Please don't "jump my thread" telling me how great your company is or rail on how "organic leads is all you needs" :)

I use a mix of traditional media and on-line in my advertising and I am moving ever more the Digital direction. I use Google analytics AND have VinLens to show me all my traffic and it even re-activates "dead" leads when they re-visit my site...

BUT I still miss some so I DO buy some 3rd party leads.

I just recently tried some secondary Finance leads from Carloan.com and have not had great results.

We have a robust secondary Dept. as well as an in-house Buy Here Pay Here so I have an avenue for most ANY customer but the stuff I got from them is GARBAGE, GARBAGE, GARBAGE!!!

I'll deal with this current mess later, but is anyone using a GOOD provider or have an idea to bring MORE opportunity to SPECIFICALLY my "Fresh Start" Dept.?

Thanks,

Bryan

Tags: carloan.com, generation, lead, leads, secondary-finance, traffic

Views: 265

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

To their credit Carloan.com reached out to me today. Brian was very cordial and I am going to take a closer look at where the breakdown is.
O.K. Please don't "jump my thread" telling me how great your company is or rail on how "organic leads is all you needs"
Manny, I appreciate your enthusiasm, know your credentials and I will look at your program but if the breakdown is indeed in my PROCESSES where I'm obtaining the leads is a moot point. In the interest of fairness to a company I called out on-line and that had the DECENCY to reach out and try to help, I would think it would behoove all in this industry that would like the same respect to applaude a rational approach. Heaven forbid, you DON'T generate "over 1000 leads and 50 to 75 pre-approved Credit apps!On customers just wanting your cars!" one Month. Want the guy like me to talk things through with or the "scr** it I'm movin on" type?
Trying to find and fix the problem won't hurt me and if it's internal and I fix it, then add your program too, you can add my testimonial to the extensive list you've put in this discussion already.
"Send me your dealeships URL and I will Hook you Up for Free!"

Thanks Manny, I'll take you up on that. It's www.menlove.com . It's a VinSolutions site and I have analytics as well as their new VinLens tool that lets me see on-site visitors as well as upsite source, search term used, time on site and pages viewed so will be perfect to test run your product and anyone who knows me will tell you that if it works I am a STRONG advocate.
Unfortunately, I was born without that "filter" that some have...I tend to speak my mind openly. :)
Bryan
"You have no choice but to try and work with them Bryan YOU SIGNED A 90 day CONTRACT!"
Actually, I didn't and the signature of James my Spi-Fi Manager isn't binding. I'm inspecting an expectation and trying to do what's morally right... not just if it's legally binding. It's ME I have to face in the mirror every day and I back and support the Manager's of the various Depts.
Bryan I have issues with 3rd party leads for a lot of reasons I won't go into here just because I don't want to write a book.

That said I think you can generate all the leads you want with the right PPC campaign focused on getting the conversion not generating traffic. I think you agree leads generated directly will have a much higher quality getting better sale ratios.

If this is something you want to take a look at we would be happy to do a conversion marketing analysis for your store free of charge to give you an idea of the opportunity.

You can contact me via email lbruce@micrositesbyu.com or on my cell 281.455.3811

Look forward to talking with you

Larry Bruce
Larry,
I have the same issues. We spoke in Vegas a few weeks ago. I sit on Vins Dealer Advisory Board and caught your presentation. Great stuff. You're right and I was shocked at your "how they search" study...WOW!!! Enlightening.
I've always likened 3rd party leads to building a shack next to a MegaStore, advertising the hell out of their inventory, then when people show up or call in I tell them to be careful of all the deceptive practices that might happen and are you SURE I can't get you prices from 4-5 MegaStores as a service? "You can trust me I'M not trying to sell you anything".
Now I contact 4-5 (or more) Kmart, WalMart, Target and anyone else that will listen and tell them "Hey, I found this customer who wants to buy YOUR STUFF!!!! For $20-$25 I'll give you their contact info, you might get a sale!
Might be a brutal analogy or an apt description of events...depends on your viewpoint.
Chat with you soon.

BA
Bryan that is a very accurate analogy, in fact I need to steal it if you don't mind. I don't think I got your card in Vegas Bryan shoot me an email or call when you can I'll see if we can help.

Thanks,

LB
Larry,

Your welcome to it. It's been a running joke between Rich Lucy and myself for years. Keep up the good work. Have Toyota meetings in Vegas next week so will try and catch up with you after that.
barmstrong(at)menlove.com and my office line is 801.ninefiveone.7988
BA
That's a good one Bryan!  On here today looking for "secondary leads" posts, and ran into this whole thread.
Manny,
It's barmstrong(at)menlove.com and my office line is 801.ninefiveone.7988. :)
Anyone who reads this can have it but don't need the spammers.

Talk to you soon,

BA
Thanks Manny. Look forward to seeing your strategy in action and will keep everyone updated. Look forward to the opportunity!

RSS

Automotive Professional Network and Resource Exchange for Car Dealers, Managers, OEM and Marketing Practitioners seeking Best Practices.

ADM Sponsor

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

ADM Consulting, LLC

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting, LLC Professional Services
Select the maximum monthly investment you plan to make
$USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

Top Automotive Marketing Forum Discussions

Share the Best Content w/AutoMarketing Community

© 2019   Created by Ralph Paglia.   Powered by

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service