Professional Community for Car Dealers, Marketing, Advertising and Sales Leaders
My dealership has agreed to donate a car as the grand prize in a regional contest in the NY/NJ area. For our 20k sponsorship we are getting over 200k in media spend along with the main sponsor. We have a multi platform marketing strategy set up, but I am still worried that yes I will get more hits to my website, but ultimately I need to get people to come through the door, here is currently what we are doing, please give me your thoughts or suggestions for getting more people through the door.
People can enter this contest through the third party website, and also at our location.( I want people to sign up at our location)
1) We are getting radio spots, where we can pitch a great deal at our dealership
2) We are showcasing our car at numerous events
3) We are sending out an email blast to our database of customers
4) We have a pop up page prior to entering our website
5) We are giving exclusive giveaways that can only be done if you register in person at our dealership
The program will last through labor day, so we still have some time, but I am worried I will not see a good ROI from my sponsorship, please give me your input.
I am not crazy about the pop up prior to entering your website, my personal feeling is that you might lose potential customers by doing that for a number of reasons.
1. It is an extra click and you always lose people the more they have to click to get to where they want.
2. Some people might think it is a virus of some sort and immediately leave your site via the back button or closing the browser.
3. It might appear spammy, like you are forcing content on them.
4. Is the contest charity related? If yes, they your pop up might come across as a little too self-serving.
Don't forget to publish an press release and submit it online. Submit information about the contest and your participation to online news sites and maybe even publish an article or two on using contests as a method of promotion. All the above will help you get some longer term benefits in terms of link equity for your website.
Thanks for the input, do you have any recommendations for some online websites that might pick up the press release? Thanks a ton for your input, I will definitely review with my team.
Here are a couple I have used before http://your-story.org and www.pressreleasepoint.com. Typically the totally free sites have a lot of spam but there are some reasonable paid options that allow you to have a live link within the content and even distribution to other press release websites that have a lot of value.
You can also post your release on your own websites/blog and then go to a website like this www.allautomotivenews.com (it is ours) and get more exposure.
Whats a "regional contest"? Sounds like something that social media would fit well with, Youtube (do some 2-3 minute videos) and maybe some Facebook post, Some Tweets, etc!
Jays got a good point about that pop up!
Youtube is always a great idea!
You mentioned you wanted people to sign up through your dealership, can they do it online? If yes then you might consider running a facebook advertising campaign, you can target it to very tight demographics and the cost per thousand impressions should be very little (.15-.20 tops). You can run a budget as low as $2 a day and see how it goes. I recommend placing your brand name in the ad and also a phone number for people to call (in case they rather do that than just click through).
please give me your thoughts or suggestions for getting more people through the door.
You didn't mention whether it was charity based at all but you could also run a couple of supporting events on-site, like a charity BBQ or something.