Automotive Digital Marketing ProCom

Professional Community for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketers and Sales Managers

Loading... Be Patient!
I know that many of us face hurdles every day that limit our productivity, increase stress, and cause frustration. Although technology cannot prevent a service writer from grabbing you on the way to your desk to talk to someone else's customer (one of my favorites), you might imagine ways technology can make your life easier. In your perfect world, how would technology work for you?

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This ADM Discussion

There are always ways that website work could be more automated to save us all time when creating new content or specials pages.

I think the biggest advantage would come through the CRM/ILM side for many of us. What if there were reliable predictive responses to inquiries that were reliably attached to information pulled from our DMS? And packaged in such a way that they sent an e-mail reply while automatically connecting our cell phones to the customers phone after a brief synopses of the inquiry was received?

Or better yet, as micro sites become much more prevalent...when we get smart like our European brethren and create atmospheres on our micro sites. What if our CRMs could mimic a response of that atmosphere and content to their email and cellular device since that is where/what prompted them to click...sorta keeps the theme they liked alive and well.

The central point to all of this is being able to communicate with more people at once with in a richer, and more psychologically involving fashion. To create relationship/partnership that seems unique with more people without all of the brain damage.
I would definitely agree that this sort of more intelligent responses and handling of leads can greatly enhance the success of the dealership.

Our ILM/CRM allows our users to send auto responders and setup entire processes that can be different based on the lead source (dealer website, auto trader, cars.com, etc) and based on the make/model and/or if the vehicle was used/new. So you can also setup different processes if it was a credit app, trade-in appraisal request and etc. Our most successful dealers setup different processes for all these types of scenarios. Granted it requires some work to setup all these different scenarios initially, the potential customer receives a lot of better response and the dealership management can tailor how the internet department/bdc handles certain leads.

Our system can also easily respond with vehicle photos, detailed vehicle information and even similar vehicles to what they requested.

I'm not sure if other vendors provide this type of flexibility, but I would recommend using an ILM that does.
Tiny,
I love the way you think.
Though we have tailored our processes to be more reactive based on lead content and sourcing, it still requires that "biological interface" to determine which content some of our specialty site visitors will receive.
I THINK I have found a solution and am working up some new processes and templates now.
When I bring it all to fruition I'd love to get your take as well.
Bryan,

If you feel comfortable, please share your ideas. I noticed that you are one of my company's beta partners for our SmartLeads program. I'd love to hear your theories on how to best integrate our solution into your process (I'm not here to plug my product). I think that lead prioritization is the foundation for higher productivity, and capturing lost opportunities. However, I am thinking about the next evolution. What do you think is the next step?
Bill,
You are right, we have recently signed on as a partner with your beta program.
First off I am a huge believer in self-generation of leads through branding and good combo of micro sites, blogs, and data base/customer base "mining".
That being said, just as I believe that radio, outdoor and print provide the best mix of mediums in traditional advertising: radio for impact, outdoor for branding and print for impressionistic messaging, so do I believe that all I am buying with a lead is the right to DIRECTLY MARKET to an individual.
In the past you threw xxx dollars into the mix and then divided the number of car sales it lead to and determine whether or not it was effective or not.
With the technology we have today, such as is being introduced by your company and pre-scored leads such as through detroittradingcompany, better advertising tracking for targeted follow up, lead buying is once again a viable part to the advertising/marketing mix.
We all can speak of how it sometimes makes sense to match the salesperson to the"up" as they will gel and tip the transaction into the sold column.
Now we can, from the start, look at key buying matrix and tailor the response and follow-up process to the consumer without having to over-rely on the qualifying skills of the salesperson nor the oft incomplete info obtained from the consumer. In addition, it can open a whole new avenue of consequential sales if you know the consumer is a leader or follower in his social circle.
Even the casual looker who is browsing and planning on doing something in a year or more is easily identified and a rapport building process can be enacted which will totally set you apart from the "hurry down for the best deal NOW or lose out forever" type response that will inevitably come from the other "exclusive" obtainers of their info.
Technology is on our side but just as the shovel in the shed will never get the hole dug, only those willing to put in the work and understanding of it will prosper.
I hope I will be in that number with the rest of my friends here @ ADM.
All good points. I cannot wait to see how our service will work for you!

RSS

ADMPC is a Network for Car Dealers, Automotive Marketing, Advertising and Management Pros sharing Digital Strategies and Execution Tactics.

Please Consider Automotive Marketing Professional Community Sponsors

ADM Badge

Loading…

Based On Your Interests...

Onsite/Offsite Combination ADM Consulting & Coaching
Select the maximum amount you want to pay each month
$ USD

Automotive Marketing Tools

Get ADM Toolbar

Click here to take the ADM Member Survey

Google Automotive Network Targeted Placement Ads

Getting too many emails from ADM? Click mailbox below to control which types of alerts and updates you are sent......

Instagram

© 2014   Created by Ralph Paglia.

ADM Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service